Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone with 3G in Ireland & Canada

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

does it exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sorry, I'm looking for a phone that will have 3G in both Ireland and Canada.

So far, I've learned that the HTC Legend doesn't have 3G in Canada, but I don't know how to check for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Xiney wrote: »
    sorry, I'm looking for a phone that will have 3G in both Ireland and Canada.

So far, I've learned that the HTC Legend doesn't have 3G in Canada, but I don't know how to check for this.

contact with your network provider and asked them...their the only ones that would know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

iPhone 4

http://www.gsmworld.com/Roaming/Gsminfo/cou_ca.shtml

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4-3275.php

Since the iPhone specs say:
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    it's a goer.

I won't buy an iphone because every apple product I've used has been ****.

Would prefer an HTC tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Well if you'd have had the courtesy to put your requirements in your original post or subject header, I could have saved myself some bother then. Now you know which 3G frequencies a phone needs, you can go and do some HTC research. Good luck.

Sorry, I (obviously wrongly) thought that since I didn't post in the iphone forum that it wouldn't be considered an option here.

Anyway, I've found the Samsung Galaxy S to meet my needs thanks to that site you provided. Thanks.

Advertisement