Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Feedback

• 25-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

It's out today! Got mine through the post so I thought I'd set the ball rolling.

Mine was high 50s.

Hope everyone else did well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

i have no idea if thats good or bad i havent recieved mine yet what is it out of ?

i thought it mite be 70 if so high 50 is pretty good well done

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Well I know that people with mid 40s (RC) have got in on previous campaigns, so I've got my fingers crossed as I am also RC.

so can you now find out where you are placed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I'm not sure but I think you have to wait until the Merit List from the PSNI - the AC feedback is from Deloitte. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

notbrazil wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I think you have to wait until the Merit List from the PSNI - the AC feedback is from Deloitte. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will clarify.

Am I right in thinking the AC is out of 70? - based on 7 situations scoring a max of ten in each?

Also, PSNI will do the merit list, should be available by the end of next month. Someone will put up the phone number when they are available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Blaze90

47. For a non R/C I don't think its that good. =(

Fell short at the situational interview. Would love to know my merit number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

What is ncluded in the feedback?? Just scores or break down of scores, or is there specific feedback of your performance on each part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Blaze90

wanadrum wrote: »
    What is ncluded in the feedback?? Just scores or break down of scores, or is there specific feedback of your performance on each part?

All of the above. I think it is actually quite good.

Me thinks Beca could have a field day pretty soon - she can update her lists.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

My scores didn't arrive today. Does anyone know a number I can ring to find out my score?

• Advertisement

Also, what size and colour of envelope did it arrive in? I Don't think mine will have arrived as I'm always expecting things and they take like a week......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Also, what size and colour of envelope did it arrive in? I Don't think mine will have arrived as I'm always expecting things and they take like a week......

it was the usual deloitte envelope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skatestraight

hey all, been awhile since i been on this thing! got my AC results today, got 60 an for a non RC hopefully that should do the ticket!

One of the trainers said before if your getting 8's across each competency then your nearly garaunteed in providing the vetting etc clears.

hope everyones got good news today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Anyone expecting specific feedback on their individual performance will be dissappointed - the ' feedback ' is totally generic . It is useful though to see how you scored in each exercise.
    Someone mentioned calling for their scores - Don't ! They won't do it over the phone - you'll just have to sit tight and wait for the big white envelope.
    It is in order to phone when the Merit List is out but that won't be for a wee while yet.

hey all, been awhile since i been on this thing! got my AC results today, got 60 an for a non RC hopefully that should do the ticket!

One of the trainers said before if your getting 8's across each competency then your nearly garaunteed in providing the vetting etc clears.

hope everyones got good news today!

Nice,good going that's a brave good score!

As usual, nowt for me...I'm always one of the last to recieve things :rolleyes: I don't suspect a great score coming my way anyways but dying to know all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Glad its out etc - Though I hope I do well. I am a RC.

Nothing came for me today. Hopefully get some news tomorrow. Hope even more its good news was my first time at the AC and as I said before I messed up the last question of Written (4 lines written max) and one role play.

Say by some mircale that there is an intake in Nov.

Also say for example I score 50 in the AC.

Due to the fact that I have passed all stages so far, potentially could I be offered a place (If 50 was indeed the lowest score possible to get in) ahead of someone who got a 60 yet had not had vetting papers or done a medical?

If so where does this leave that person?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

Won't know my ac score until Monday earliest. On holidays at the inlaws.
    I'm well curious now to see how i did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 furrywall1

Hi all, have heard f**k all since deloitte letter dated 07/06/10. Will wait on postie Pat tomorrow or maybe next day or maybe day after. Fingers X'ed for some possible movement within the freezer.:D

You and me both plugin, want to see my score and hear everyone elses. What is the bet that if we post our scores and arrange becas list by ac score the top of the list will be those going through vetting and the bottom of the list won't?

• Advertisement

Probably leaves the other person as a non rc (tough luck).

I haven't got my score yet, but one non rc friend got his score of 55 - no vetting or medical, his friend got 64 and has had vetting and medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 somehelp?

hey everyone mi knew to this. Got my ac results yesterday and did well, everythings been going realy quickly for me and have been doing alot better than xpected, although have been working hard.. anyone any ideas of when they will start ringing or have the merit list ready, im going on holiday next week and afraid incase there would be anychance they would try to contact me.....?

somehelp? wrote: »
    hey everyone mi knew to this. Got my ac results yesterday and did well, everythings been going realy quickly for me and have been doing alot better than xpected, although have been working hard.. anyone any ideas of when they will start ringing or have the merit list ready, im going on holiday next week and afraid incase there would be anychance they would try to contact me.....?

No dates are out for training yet
    Have you got ur medical yet

yeh did my med about mnth n half ago and got the letter coupla weeks after to say i was "medical fit" ...?

yeh did my med about mnth n half ago and got the letter coupla weeks after to say i was "medical fit" ...?

Only vetting left to clear if it's already hasn't if you don't mind me asking how you score in the ac just curious as you have done the medical

Hopefully postie leaves mine l8r

i got 59, but i know a few others that didnt score at high and have done there medicals 2, dont know what way they are working it at all, any idea when the 1st intake wil be?

No dates, due to the cut backs and their is a list of rumours going about check out the other thread 'rumour mill' for details things like maybe they will try and get a final training for november right through til no training dates planned for several years

k no problem.. thanks. Good luck with your results.

Read the charter - no text speak !

Next time will result in an infraction.

• Advertisement

Really pleased with my feedback - comfortably over 60 . It just goes to show how hard it can be to guess how you did at AC , last year I got 59 and felt I had not done as well this time around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

delancey42 wrote: »
    Really pleased with my feedback - comfortably over 60 . It just goes to show how hard it can be to guess how you did at AC , last year I got 59 and felt I had not done as well this time around.

Oh YEAH! Well done there kid. You're well in the door now so pack your ba.. oh wait.. the freeze... um... don't pack just yet.

(Great result though. Major kudos!)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

Well guys and girls , got mine this morning 48 I'm a rc, not that great eh? Score wise? What's your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kizwiz

Hi there all I'm a newbie to this. Just got my AC scores. Got 60, does anyone know if this gives me any chance?:confused:

Interesting sharan that with 48 you have already got vetting forms, yet my friend got 55 and no vetting forms.

I hope my results are there today....

Kizwiz wrote: »
    Hi there all I'm a newbie to this. Just got my AC scores. Got 60, does anyone know if this gives me any chance?:confused:

Yes thats a very good result by any standards.

• Advertisement

No feedback scores for me. Sucks.

I still haven't got my results and I'm beginning to crack up to be honest!

What was your exact score delancey?

pma1983 wrote: »
    What was your exact score delancey?

Aw shucks , I'll tell ya - 63 , I really thought I'd be struggling to get same as last year never mind an improvement.

Thats a seriously excellent score man.

How many times have you done A/C and have you done any previous training for it?

• Advertisement

63, that's good shooting!

It's weird that you haven't been called for a medical when others with lower scores already have.

I give up trying to apply logic to this process!

I need my scores, aaaghhhh!!

1986j wrote: »
    Thats a seriously excellent score man.

How many times have you done A/C and have you done any previous training for it?

2nd time at AC , didn't do any training courses or any of that sort of stuff but I would have a background relatively strong in dealing with customers and people in general and that , I feel , was a help.

Medical ? Ach , logic ? in this process ?! Well , I have noticed the people getting medicals so far are those who got AC'd relatively early on in the process so I'm not getting in a twist over it because I was more toward the end of the AC's.

2nd time at AC , didn't do any training courses or any of that sort of stuff but I would have a background relatively strong in dealing with customers and people in general and that , I feel , was a help.

Medical ? Ach , logic ? in this process ?! Well , I have noticed the people getting medicals so far are those who got AC'd relatively early on in the process so I'm not getting in a twist over it because I was more toward the end of the AC's.

Yea I too have a reasonable background in that though not optimistic at all now.

Yea with a score liek that you done great. No doubt about it. Its almost a formality that you pass medical and vetting then at some stage I am sure you will be called.

Out fo curiosity are you RC or not?

How the hell did you not get in last year with a score of 59??? :eek:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but did approximately 200 people from your community background have a better score than you last year? Doesn't add up to me.

Does anyone have any idea as to the breakdown of applications from RC and non-RC. I am aware it would be closer now than say 5 years ago.

How many generally clear vetting etc?

Rather not say on a public forum - remember the more info you give out about yourself or your passage through the process you make it easier for Deloitte or P.S.N.I. to ID you . Bear in mind that this forum is NOT officially approved and some people actively dislike it.

I will shortly be posting a warning/reminder to folks not to post their exact merit scores , you'd be amazed how many people post '' My merit score is 187 '' , etc - post that detail and you have allowed yourself to be ID'd immediately.
    Much wiser to say something like '' my Merit score is in the 180's '' or '' merit between 180 and 200 ''.
    A lot of people have identical AC scores so less chance of being ID'd that way but an exact merit score is definite.

Good post Delancy. I am happy to give out scores etc, but anything that is definitely unique such as merit placing should not be given out.

I wonder, given the chances of people haveing the same scores in ac and ist, how they go about the merit list after the initial scores. Do specific competencies take precedence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Hey, just received my feedback and I got 58, as I am non RC I reckon it isn't enough to get me through. I have heard nothing apart from the letter to say I passed the AC, no vetting forms or medical. Whilst I'm pleased with my score, I'm disappointed that it probably won't carry me through. Any non RC's out there that have got the same or less and received vetting forms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Excellent score,delancy...very impressive!:)

Im still waiting on my score.At least these will give us some idea of where we stand...ie:whether we're in with a shout or not before the merit list comes out.

Congratulations to all those hitting high 50's and into the 60's.Good work.

Good post Delancy. I am happy to give out scores etc, but anything that is definitely unique such as merit placing should not be given out.

I wonder, given the chances of people haveing the same scores in ac and ist, how they go about the merit list after the initial scores. Do specific competencies take precedence?

Good question - I don't have a clue , anyone here know the answer ? It would , I think , be relatively rare for people to have identical AC and IST scores but doubtless it has happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement