Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Seems that 42 is the pass mark. Also a google search shows that ion the first few campaigns RC's were getting in with 37 marks which is astounding!

By 2005 they were getting in with 43. Can't find anymore up to date info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jay_Man

59 out of 70 and RC.. Absolutely delighted with that.. Wahhhoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

1986j wrote: »
    Have any RC's with score less than 52 got in before? I don't mean a point of two I mean around the 45 mark? God I feel bad lol

Yes, RCs get in with much lower scores than that. I've heard of as low as mid-40s. If you get vetting, medical and A/C passed and get a place on the merit list, as long as you are RC, you will almost certainly get in if they are recruiting 440 and things turn out like they have done every year since 2001.

As I wrote previously with a newspaper article as a source, no RC has been refused a position of employment as long as they gained a place on the merit list since 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Results are in........ very very high 60's, im over the moon and beyond. think a well deserved beverage(s) are in order this weekend. What is the max one can score in AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kizwiz

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle, you must have been on fire. Fantastic. Just about blows my 60 out of the water!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jay_Man

You just made my day notbrazil. Thanks a lot for the Info :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

When you think about it though this make sense notbrazil as the merit list will be made up according to the top x+a few RCs/ A few of them will fail vetting or medical and the non RCs just fill up the rest of the list.

Congratulations princess deity, you did great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 c1964

Congratulations to all who did so well in their AC Tests, but I'm amazed at the us and them attitude on the forum. You enter the competition knowing the rules and regulations which apply to the 50/50 selection, can you not be happy for the RC's and Non Rc's who progress. Maybe with the 50/50 going next year would suit some people better.

Hi there c1964, I don't think it is really a them and us attitude, a lot of us are just pointing out how unfair the system is - we are unhappy at the discriminatory system, not the other candidates, at least thats how I feel.

There are no herd feelings towards the other candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Results are in........ very very high 60's, im over the moon and beyond. think a well deserved beverage(s) are in order this weekend. What is the max one can score in AC?

7 Core Competencies being tested with 10 marks each , thus the max score is 70.

Hi Wanadrum,

I agree with you totally, the selection process is Discriminatory. I've read every thread from Pages 1-8 and thats the impression I got and I can understand your frustration. The best should be selected and are selected but from different religious backgrounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

c1964 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who did so well in their AC Tests, but I'm amazed at the us and them attitude on the forum. You enter the competition knowing the rules and regulations which apply to the 50/50 selection, can you not be happy for the RC's and Non Rc's who progress. Maybe with the 50/50 going next year would suit some people better.
    Absolutely no us and them coming from me.I have no bitter feelings whatsoever towards anyone who gets in.It is the system that I was having a wee bitch about....not individuals or their dedication, commitment and bravery every day.I would have made exactly the same comment if it was individuals of my own background getting in with lower AC scores.I dont discriminate:eek:

I support all of you guys,no matter what score you get or what relegious background you are.Im bloody agnostic by the way,lumped in with the Proddies...wheres the fairness in that?:p

Im not going to apologise for the way I feel but do appreciate that there is a pass level and whoever has scored above this level has been deemed of suitable quality for the force.

Anyway,many congratulations to the high scorers.Mine is a no show today again....perhaps the mara.

Thats good to hear Cesc77, it makes me even more determined to join one of the finest police forces in the world. Getting back on topic, no AC result for me yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.

Jesus , the frustration waiting for the feedback letters must be intense - I don't envy you guys. At least folks in Norn Iron get a Saturday post.

Thats good to hear Cesc77, it makes me even more determined to join one of the finest police forces in the world. Getting back on topic, no AC result for me yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.
    Theres post tomorrow,c1964.None on Monday mind due to the bank holiday.

Oops,just realised you may be from the South.

It's bad at the best of times to be honest, especially if you live outside of the "Big Smoke" (Dublin) but you just have to be patient. Everything comes to he/she who waits!

Thanks Cesc77, didn't mean to come across as being rude earlier, my apologies. From the South alright, enjoy your bank holiday.

Thanks Cesc77, didn't mean to come across as being rude earlier, my apologies. From the South alright, enjoy your bank holiday.
    Dont worry,you didnt.What I said may have seemed devisive,but was not intended to cause friction or be disrespectful.Ive been reamed out by a serving cop for what I said a couple of pages ago and was just clarifying my position.
    Cheers pal....enjoy postie-stalking on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

No news for me regarding feedback, vetting, medical. Will wait and see but doubt I'll be applying again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Evening all. Well done to everyone who has got sweet scores so far!
    I got mine 51, reflects how i felt i had done when i came out. Was very mislead by the vetting and med forms coming! doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Evening all. Well done to everyone who has got sweet scores so far!
    I got mine 51, reflects how i felt i had done when i came out. Was very mislead by the vetting and med forms coming! doh.
    Man, you got vetting and medical? I got a higher score and haven't heard anything apart from getting the pass letter. How weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 furrywall1

There seems to be a lot of high scores out there, congratulations folks.
    The postie finally delivered mine today. 54 - not great but not bad.
    I suppose that might be enough if there is a large intake.

(if/when there is a thaw that is) :rolleyes:

RC furrywall?

I spent my whole shift in work speculating about how many may be in the merit pool. guessing where I came etc.

I would say that I am in the bottom 40% of all those who passed the AC. Any math whizz's want to post up sopme numbers so we can specualte and drive each other crazy.

I was estimating that maybe 60% of peoples score were between 52 and 62. that is all this blind speculation lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 furrywall1

Indeed 1986j i am from the RC side of things so hopefully a low-middle 50's might swing it.

I don't think we are on the scrap-heap yet.

• Advertisement

Well good evening all. After great suspence and apprehension for several hours I finally got home and saw my scores. Ended up with 55.

Predicted my scores for the role play pretty accurately with 5&5, 3&4 and 4&4 in role plays 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Now the wait for the merit list. I reckon Beca will publish a boards.ie merit list soon enough.......hint hint..........

Anyway, as I suspected, I think my score is just below the other non RCs who have had vetting forms and or been invited for medical.

How much of an improvement have those of you who have been through the AC more than once seen on your second and subsequent attempts?

I think I'm happy enough (ish) with 55 given it was my first attempt.

Im sure they will come soon. Someone said that they send them out in the order the ac was done. When did you do yours?

Was my first time doing it as well, but if I was to do it again knowing exactly what to expect on the day then i reckon I could easily pick up an extra few points. There are still a lot of people who havent got their results yet so we dont actually what the full scale is.

wanadrum wrote: »

How much of an improvement have those of you who have been through the AC more than once seen on your second and subsequent attempts?

I think I'm happy enough (ish) with 55 given it was my first attempt.

Last year was my first and I got 58 ( I think ) 63 this time but I thought I would be lucky to do as well this year as before. I just did not have a good feeling about the role plays - after all that I got 10/10 on all Role plays....I don't know how folks can accurately predict their score.

furrywall1 wrote: »
    Indeed 1986j i am from the RC side of things so hopefully a low-middle 50's might swing it.

I don't think we are on the scrap-heap yet.

I sincerly hope not. you are in witha better chance than me for sure.

I guess there will be about 1000 on the merit list from 42-70

Maybe 1/3 RC?

Most people falling between 50-62?

So If I am almost slap bang in the middle with a 52 I could be 500th and in witha shout. Doubt it though will be praying like mad though. TBH from what I done it was a fair score. i knew I messed up a couple of bits.

Just hope there is room for one more and my IST score carries me over a few who scored the same in the AC as me

• Advertisement

Was my first time doing it as well, but if I was to do it again knowing exactly what to expect on the day then i reckon I could easily pick up an extra few points. There are still a lot of people who havent got their results yet so we dont actually what the full scale is.

x2

Did you narrowly miss out on a place last year then? I accurately predicted me roleplays relative to eachother, but would trade my scores with yours given half a chance.

I was a bit surprised at some of my scores in some competencies.

cesc77 wrote: »
    Theres post tomorrow,c1964.None on Monday mind due to the bank holiday.

Thank god for post tomorrow! I really am going to be ripping though if mine doesn't appear tomorrow, the thought of have to wait to Tuesday at the earliest really doesn't appeal to me...I want to enjoy my weekend wether it be one of drowing my sorrows or premature celebrating :D

Thank god for post tomorrow! I really am going to be ripping though if mine doesn't appear tomorrow, the thought of have to wait to Tuesday at the earliest really doesn't appeal to me...I want to enjoy my weekend wether it be one of drowing my sorrows or premature celebrating :D

I'd say you'll be heavily marked down for failing the Acronym Test Plugin !:D
    Only kidding of course , I hope all you guys still waiting for feedback get it soon - I'd be pulling my hair ( what is left that is ) out by this stage.
    Feedback probably posted out in batches :rolleyes:

sydnor wrote: »
    Man, you got vetting and medical? I got a higher score and haven't heard anything apart from getting the pass letter. How weird.
    notbrazil wrote: »
    Just something for all the RC applicants on here;

I came across a fairly recent (2010) News Letter article which says that their journalist put in a freedom of information request to the PSNI to find out the actual workings of 50/50 recruitment as so many non-RC folks have been turned away. The article says that the PSNI confirmed to them that every single RC applicant who got a place on the merit list in every campaign since 2001 has been offered a job irrespective of their position on the list due to the lower numbers of RC applicants overall.

I appreciate this is of no help to non-RC applicants on here, but I thought it was relevant all the same.

This is my source: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/1000-nonCatholic-rejections-by-PSNI.6004909.jp

Are there any rcs on here that have been on the merit list and been rejected?

Are there any rcs on here that have been on the merit list and been rejected?

Yes - people who failed medical and vetting for starters ( I do NOT subscribe to the nasty suggestions made in times past that RC's get an easier ride from Vetting ).
    I do recall posts from RC's whose applications seemed to go nowhere despite being on Merit list.

I take it that you mean the media were claiming that rcs get an easier time at vetting?
    Wish that was the case mine is still ongoing.

Can you give me a rough idea of what your merit place was last year so i can take a stab at were i might end up?

delancey42 wrote: »
    Yes - people who failed medical and vetting for starters ( I do NOT subscribe to the nasty suggestions made in times past that RC's get an easier ride from Vetting ).
    I do recall posts from RC's whose applications seemed to go nowhere despite being on Merit list.

I agree there, I think the vetting and medical are the fairest parts of the process as it is pass fail simple as.

I think what he means and what I also would be interested in are there any RC's that have passed IST, AC, Medical and vetting yet still not been offered a place?

1986j wrote: »
    I think what he means and what I also would be interested in are there any RC's that have passed IST, AC, Medical and vetting yet still not been offered a place?

I'm sure I have seen posts from a good while back from RC's who passed all but did not get in - alas I cannot recall the details.

• Advertisement

Appreciate speedy reply.

I have been on this forum for hours today clicking refresh lol

Like I said before hoping I have done just enough - Doubtful but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

my feedback came through the other day there. got 53/70 but im a non-RC so dont really know if thats a good score or not...id imagine id be needing about 58-60 to be in with a chance am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

Hi all, haven't posted in a while but been following nearly everyday...still waiting on my ac score hope it comes today!

Newsletter was an interesting read...wonder what's going to happen with the freeze...well just typing and got my score 55.not the best but got my vetting forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Hey folks, the scores are in and i got 60, quite pleased but like a lot of you unsure of its enough to carry me through. Awww well here's to another prolonged period of waiting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 don quixote 3

got mine today, 54 for a non-rc so there's no way I'm getting in with that.

only got acceptable (3) for situational interview but did well in all other parts with a few 5's, disappointing but that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

got mine today too, got 53 and im not a rc, wonderful ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

chontour wrote: »
    my feedback came through the other day there. got 53/70 but im a non-RC so dont really know if thats a good score or not...id imagine id be needing about 58-60 to be in with a chance am i right?

Well I went to a training day for my ac, ran by the person who set the recruitment process up and he said we needed to hit atleast 58/70 to be in with a chance but then again I got 55 and still received vetting forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

www.gameover.com

Results are in, got low 50s. Never good enough for a non RC.

Good luck to all you guys who progress. (whenever that might be)

Its been a pleasure, bye bye!

Bubbles34 wrote: »
    www.gameover.com

Results are in, got low 50s. Never good enough for a non RC.

Good luck to all you guys who progress. (whenever that might be)

Its been a pleasure, bye bye!
    Ditto for me .Not good enough.Ill maybe try again at a later stage.

Well done to all of you who have scored highly.I sincerely wish you all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

cesc77 wrote: »
    Ditto for me .Not good enough.Ill maybe try again at a later stage.

Well done to all of you who have scored highly.I sincerely wish you all the best.

Until you get a letter stating your out it's game on

Advertisement