Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Feedback

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 scuba lad

Yep cesc77 ,like myself its trully over,non rc need to be hitting at least 56 to be of any use,i should know been in this postion 5 times before.Seems all the no hopers received feedback today(received mine today too)Thats what they did in the past anyhow.Sent feedback out in two batches.Doesn't matter how many times you get turned down it never gets any easier to accept :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 okies

Hey guys just updating where Im
    at!! Passed AC got my results of low 50s and I'm a RC, not vetting or
    medical yet although I did do the AC in the last week of them being held! So here's hoping!!

Quick questions do they break the merit list into two? One for RC and one for non RC? Do we get a letter informing us of our merit placing or do we have to ring and ask? Thanks in advance !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Hey everyone,
    anyone who is non RC get below 58 in AC and receive vetting forms? This is doing my head in :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

got feedback, hit 64, still no word of a med though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

got feedback, hit 64, still no word of a med though.

Super score there - well done

• Advertisement

okies wrote: »
    Hey guys just updating where Im
    at!! Passed AC got my results of low 50s and I'm a RC, not vetting or
    medical yet although I did do the AC in the last week of them being held! So here's hoping!!

Quick questions do they break the merit list into two? One for RC and one for non RC? Do we get a letter informing us of our merit placing or do we have to ring and ask? Thanks in advance !! :)

No just a single Merit List for all and you have to ring for your Merit number as they don't post it out. Hopefully Merit List will be out in the next week or two.

Well after the wait mine finally came this morning also...51, non rc, I doubt somehow that's going to cut it at all :rolleyes: But then again you never know, if the freeze lasts long enough there could be quite a few people who's circumstances change and whatnot and for what ever reason can't/wont take up the offer that it might bump us all up the list a bit. So, feck it, until I get told to go away I'll hang on in there!

Got 4's in all RP's apart from one 3 in the one I knew didn't go very well at all as soon as it finished...took a brain freeze and ran out of things to say! Then my situational interview let me down the most and a few of the written excercise competencies let me down a bit.

But, meh...it was my first time, so I'm happy with myself that I even passed it at all.

Congrats to all you swots hitting 60's, I'm jealous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

remember my post about vetting procedures, decent score and a straight forward background check (e.g 1 or 2 addresses, no brothers or sisters etc) puts you in a good position, the time will come when they need numbers for a full in take and if your in with a shout merit score ways, vetting cleared etc anything can happen, i know people through with a lower merit score than my 09 one, purely because they cleared the hurdles,fair play,i'm still waiting on vetting clearing or rejecting! from last year never mind this year! chin up folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Well done to everyone who passed and got good scores. Beca your gonna have to update your list and some of the number crunchers will have to work a few interesting things out ref scores and chances of getting through. If you guys don't do it soon I might have to have a go at it myself....

Does everyone who passed get a merit placing
    ?

wanadrum wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who passed and got good scores. Beca your gonna have to update your list and some of the number crunchers will have to work a few interesting things out ref scores and chances of getting through. If you guys don't do it soon I might have to have a go at it myself....

Does everyone who passed get a merit placing
    ?

Yes , but as has been said before this is where a mere pass and a good pass comes into play- regrettably some with passes will be so far down the merit list as to have little realistic chance of being offered a place.
    That said I concur with previous comments that until you are told in writing that you are out of the race then you are still in.

I would advise anyone to hold off till they hear their merit placing and not to forget that for now the discussion is somewhat academic - there IS a freeze in place and for now regardless of scores nobody is going to Garnerville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skatestraight

Delancy - How come you didnt get in last year with such a high score when i know of others that got well lower that got through and into garneville??

My brother made it in last year with 55 an he's a non RC i'm just hoping all goes well with me this year, just waiting on hearing back about vetting but shouldnt be a problem as most of my family are in the security services and we haven't been doing any moving around etc!

i just want to wish everyone all the best an i hope everyone gets good news soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

I got in as a non RC with a score of 53.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Nice! Maybe it's not all over just yet. Still, probably best not to get my hopes up too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Did you get in recently with that score Vince Coupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

I got in as a non RC with a score of 53.

you've reinstalled a tiny glimmer of hope in me :) haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

anay75 wrote: »
    Did you get in recently with that score Vince Coupon?

Good and bad news.. I got in VERY recently but it was a slightly older campaign. Not sure how relevant either of those points are to this current predicamen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Seems everyone has recieved feedback, apart from myself! :confused:

Don't worry mate, there actually appears to be a lot of people that have not got it yet.
    I think there are only about 40 people who have confirmed that they have recieved it.
    Also, to call it feedback is, in my opinion, nonsense, they just give you your scores for each competency and a generic sentance for each of your scores respectively.
    They even make you add up your total score yourself!

Don't worry mate, there actually appears to be a lot of people that have not got it yet.
    I think there are only about 40 people who have confirmed that they have recieved it.
    Also, to call it feedback is, in my opinion, nonsense, they just give you your scores for each competency and a generic sentance for each of your scores respectively.
    They even make you add up your total score yourself!

Aye, your right but it would just be nice to hear something to keep the spirits up.

I was one of the last to do the AC's and I have not heard anything since my AC pass letter.:(

I was in the same boat until Friday past, looking at the C16 limbo list may give you an idea of your score - look at the scores from your crb that people have recieved vetting/medicals with. I'm sure you will have the scores very soon.

• Advertisement

Gee-22 wrote: »

Hey, maybe they're saving the best till last ;)
    I would say you'll have it very soon so hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Well got the old feedback today from the Assessment Centre, scored 60 on the button so fairly happy with that. I am from RC background so hopefully that score will be good enough to keep me in the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

Gee-22 wrote: »

Havent recieved mine either mate.

0607 wrote: »
    Havent recieved mine either mate.

When did you do your AC?

Have you had vetting or medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 c1964

Hi all,

I got my result this morning and to my disappointment, I only got 46:mad: I thought on the day I did much better than that, ah well. So may I wish everyone the very best in their medicals and vetting etc. and also wish those who are fortunate enough to be offered the position of constable, the very best in their future careers.
    It's with great sadness, I feel I must concentrate on my own career now, but thanks to everyone for making this one of the best forums on boards, thank you.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just before you close the door, there is currently a Student Officer in Garnerville who got a similar score the first time he tried. He improved it the second time, but didn't quite make the grade, but on the third time, he got a high enough score to be offered the job.

Is that it for you now after just one attempt? Bearing in mind that Resilience is one of the core competencies of an effective and efficient Police Officer?

Think about it?
    c1964 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got my result this morning and to my disappointment, I only got 46:mad: I thought on the day I did much better than that, ah well. So may I wish everyone the very best in their medicals and vetting etc. and also wish those who are fortunate enough to be offered the position of constable, the very best in their future careers.
    It's with great sadness, I feel I must concentrate on my own career now, but thanks to everyone for making this one of the best forums on boards, thank you.:D

Hi all,

I have felt like that many a time (in fact 7 times), always saying never will I put myself though it again.

But as soon as I see that advert I get sucked back in, as it's my dream.

Keep the chin up and I'm sure you will apply at the next opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 c1964

Thanks for your encouragement psni and gee-22, but this was my fourth occassion to apply and the furthest I had got. I'm fast approaching 50 years of age and I said this would be my final attempt. I must say again, the PSNI are one of the finest police forces out there. My colleagues and I have dealings with the PSNI from time to time and I must say they're so professional in everything they do.
    It's brilliant to see all the people on this forum progress and those who don't get back up and try again. It's people like you psni and delancey with the enthuasiasm of pluginbaby and beca who make this forum possible, thank you to you all and best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

Got mine in on Saturday, Got 50 fairly happy since this was my first run at this. RC but not sure if this will carry me through, but vetting is processing and will wait to hear the big lady singing before I close the door on this attempt.

Well done everyone still in, remember how many people who were in this at the start, you have done well to get this far. Don't give up hope, if you not successful this time....... next time it could be you!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for your encouragement psni and gee-22, but this was my fourth occassion to apply and the furthest I had got. I'm fast approaching 50 years of age and I said this would be my final attempt. I must say again, the PSNI are one of the finest police forces out there. My colleagues and I have dealings with the PSNI from time to time and I must say they're so professional in everything they do.
    It's brilliant to see all the people on this forum progress and those who don't get back up and try again. It's people like you psni and delancey with the enthuasiasm of pluginbaby and beca who make this forum possible, thank you to you all and best wishes.

Ooh I spy my name...hello and thank you! :D

Stick with it mate. At the end of the day your age should be no barrier for your dream. Even if there's no more recruitment for a few years, and it takes you a few tries after that, giving you only a few years in service before retirement, atleast you can be well and truly proud of what you achieved and be happy that you accomplished your dream.

I personally can't stand failure, but that will never stop me, they won't get rid of me...should it take me 20 years to make it, I'll keep at it!

Edit: Too true bakerboy, with the numbers involved it's no walk in the park to get this far, I'm trying to take that as a win for me :D Need to see the positives out of it all otherwise I'll just get myself down about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 superstu

if you have a low score it doesn't matter, on the AC feedback it stated that you need to pass all competencies to make it to the next round, so if you get acceptable in all 7 this would equal to a score of 42, which means you have passed and have a chance to make it to the next round, someone with a score in the 60s doesn't mean they will get through, they could score 10 points in 6 competencies and score 2 points in another one, they haven't passed all competencies so will not go through to next round. it tells you after each competency if you achieved the overall standard to be a police trainee, so if you have a low score don't give up hope. hope this makes sense

superstu wrote: »
    if you have a low score it doesn't matter, on the AC feedback it stated that you need to pass all competencies to make it to the next round, so if you get acceptable in all 7 this would equal to a score of 42, which means you have passed and have a chance to make it to the next round, someone with a score in the 60s doesn't mean they will get through, they could score 10 points in 6 competencies and score 2 points in another one, they haven't passed all competencies so will not go through to next round. it tells you after each competency if you achieved the overall standard to be a police trainee, so if you have a low score don't give up hope. hope this makes sense

This is correct but I suspect those who failed 1 or more competencies were those who got Fail letters following their AC

• Registered Users Posts: 35 waiting28

Hi guys cud someone pm me the number please .

waiting28 wrote: »
    Hi guys cud someone pm me the number please .

I realise everyone is excited with the Merit List being out but please remember the Charter - no text speak please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lauralush04

ok so got my score!! 56!! was happy with this but i still have no vetting forms!!! is this bad sign???!! anyone else in a similar position?????

• Advertisement

ok so got my score!! 56!! was happy with this but i still have no vetting forms!!! is this bad sign???!! anyone else in a similar position?????

I'm in the same boat. I got 57 and have not recieved vetting/medical forms.

I did my AC after the freeze announcement, and I'm putting the lack of forms down to that. Might be right, might be wrong but I'm trying to not read too much into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Hey guys, long time no speak - hope all is well for you limbo-ers! Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the pass mark was for the AC so I can see how much I missed it by (I'm assuming it's a significant amount judging by my feedback score lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

Hey guys, long time no speak - hope all is well for you limbo-ers! Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the pass mark was for the AC so I can see how much I missed it by (I'm assuming it's a significant amount judging by my feedback score lol)

I think the pass mark for the AC is somewhere around 42? Open for correction here if anyone knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Bubbles34 wrote: »
    I think the pass mark for the AC is somewhere around 42? Open for correction here if anyone knows for sure.

Isn't there two passes thou 1 for deliotte and other for psni so you get a pass letter but still may have not met the psni pass score therefore getting a pass and dear john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

B182 wrote: »
    Isn't there two passes thou 1 for deliotte and other for psni so you get a pass letter but still may have not met the psni pass score therefore getting a pass and dear john

No, if you have a pass letter from Deloitte then you have reached the required standard, and you go through to the PSNI merit pool of suitable candidates.

Whether or not you go any further mostly depends on how well you did in comparison with the other candidates. ie if PSNI are looking for 200 candidates, then they take the 200 highest scores. All of this of course subject to Medicals, Vetting, 50:50.

If and when you get a Dear John, it dosent mean you have failed to achieve a preset pass mark, (remember if you have reached the merit pool, then you are a suitable candidate), it simply means that X number of people have scored higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Whether or not you go any further mostly depends on how well you did in comparison with the other candidates. ie if PSNI are looking for 200 candidates, then they take the 200 highest scores.

In my mind thats a 2nd pass as you pass Deloitte then PSNI create another mark that you must have achieved to progress

For example 42 passes Deloitte but some people on here are at X with no forms so more than likely PSNI pass mark will be for example 55 so all those who scored 42-54 are now out and 55+ progress on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

No, if you have a pass letter from Deloitte then you have reached the required standard, and you go through to the PSNI merit pool of suitable candidates.

Not necessarily - last year Dear John's came out before the merit list, I had my pass letter for the AC from Deloitte, and then got a Dear John from PSNI which I'm almost sure said although my score reached the required standard, it wasn't high enough to make it into the pool of qualified candidates - because I remember not ringing up when the merit list came out as I presumed I wouldn't have a merit number. But I will double check and let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

grad10 wrote: »
    Not necessarily - last year Dear John's came out before the merit list, I had my pass letter for the AC from Deloitte, and then got a Dear John from PSNI which I'm almost sure said although my score reached the required standard, it wasn't high enough to make it into the pool of qualified candidates - because I remember not ringing up when the merit list came out as I presumed I wouldn't have a merit number. But I will double check and let you know!
    I can confirm that those who received this letter last year were still on the merit list as I received the letter and was early 600's. This year i am between 400-410!Unfortunately still not good enough either but at least it's an improvement!Not looking forward to receiving another dear john!

hi rekker, what was your ac score?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

hi rekker, what was your ac score?
    AC Score 55, IST 65, NRC!I will just have to keep trying.Congrats to all those who are being vetted, medicals etc. Hopefully the freeze will lift and you all can progress on soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

i got 56, well pleased with that, i got 5 in role play 2, which i was well chuffed. the role player in that exercise was a right piece of work to which i took great pleasure getting a 5 there....:D

Advertisement