Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants

• 25-08-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

I sent off for the PLC Maintenance Grant Scheme a few weeks ago and I got a letter out today to say I will be awarded €1300 :o Now don't get me wrong I am happy to get that but I am unemployed and have no other forms of income. Initially I was due to do a PLC but I got offered a course in my local IT which I accepted. I just want to know will I recieve a bigger grant because I am in DKIT. Yes I know I cannot recieve both Dkit and Plc grants :rolleyes:

Another question, I've been accepted on a computers course in DKIT but since then i've noticed theres a few vacant places on a Business course, Is there any chance I can switch course and if so how?

Comments

Same grant amount for PLC or DKIT, assuming both courses are public and full-time. If you've had a change in circumstances (like if you've recently become unemployed, or if you're assessed with your parents'/guardians' and their income has reduced recently) you can be reassessed. Give them a shout if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

James_LWAU wrote: »
    I sent off for the PLC Maintenance Grant Scheme a few weeks ago and I got a letter out today to say I will be awarded €1300 :o Now don't get me wrong I am happy to get that but I am unemployed and have no other forms of income. Initially I was due to do a PLC but I got offered a course in my local IT which I accepted. I just want to know will I recieve a bigger grant because I am in DKIT. Yes I know I cannot recieve both Dkit and Plc grants :rolleyes:

Another question, I've been accepted on a computers course in DKIT but since then i've noticed theres a few vacant places on a Business course, Is there any chance I can switch course and if so how?

If the college you are attending is more than 24km(I think) away, the amount you are given it almost doubled. hope this helps

Advertisement