Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XII - 4/9/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Orim wrote: »
    Current plan is the same it's always been. Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide console.

A coin toss would be better, no? It's unbiased and doesn't depend on the players actions. Or play one match on ps3, one match on xbox and then coin toss for the (possible) final match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The two consoles was discarded as just being a meh solution. It was actually my idea as well.

RPS seems the best solution as it's all mind games. So the real match will be the RPS beforehand.

Meta-game wise Rock is in a strong position but a well played Paper could generate mad hype.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

For the book signing.

Tony+Blair+Journey.jpg
    Make custom art work for your stick and get him to sign your TE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you are travelling by train tomorrow and have yet to book your ticket, buy online and enter the code 2t1088 when purchasing. 20% of your journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If you are travelling by train tomorrow and have yet to book your ticket, buy online and enter the code 2t1088 when purchasing. 20% of your journey.

Tony, you just saved me €15.40! Many thanks!! Going up tomorrow, but sadly not to Inferno! Good luck to everyone, but the best of luck to the Limerick contingent! Get Hype?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tony, you just saved me €15.40! Many thanks!! Going up tomorrow, but sadly not to Inferno! Good luck to everyone, but the best of luck to the Limerick contingent! Get Hype?

Good stuff! I'll be going up on the 735 train but am pretty sure I won't be going to inferno. I'll have my stick in case I can't get home on time but the christening is the priority I'm afraid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Coin toss strikes me as a better way to decide console too

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Too much strategy and pro tricks behind Rock Scissors Paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

I can play stick but am far more proficient on pad (xbox) so to be any sort of competition to anyone I'd need pad. Does anyone know if the majority prefer playing xbox or playstation? or even if there'd be a spare playstation pad around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can play stick but am far more proficient on pad (xbox) so to be any sort of competition to anyone I'd need pad. Does anyone know if the majority prefer playing xbox or playstation? or even if there'd be a spare playstation pad around?

The majority play on Xbox but we generally have a mix of both.

When I'm doing the tournament I always try to accommodate pad players as much as possible. There should be a pad or two for both consoles but realistically it's best if you bring one for yourself. If worst comes to worst we can rent one from XGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Good luck laddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Orim wrote: »
    The majority play on Xbox but we generally have a mix of both.

When I'm doing the tournament I always try to accommodate pad players as much as possible. There should be a pad or two for both consoles but realistically it's best if you bring one for yourself. If worst comes to worst we can rent one from XGC.

Cheers man, I'll be bringing a stick and pad as usual but if there's no ps3 pads going I can rent one then. It's a TE so if I'll be on pad there will be one there for anyone who needs it (xbox, not dual)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ugh! I'm SO screwed!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Right there with ya buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Turns out I've gotta be somewhere this afternoon at home so no tourney for me. I'm sickened!!!! :(:( Enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Good Lord this hangover is gonna be the end of me. Not a good idea to drink that much before a tourney, struggling to GET HYPE?
    Gonna have to eat several fries to survive!
    just threw up the fry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

pdbhp wrote: »
    Good Lord this hangover is gonna be the end of me. Not a good idea to drink that much before a tourney, struggling to GET HYPE?
    Gonna have to eat several fries to survive!
    just threw up the fry

Don't worry, as long as you get your gameboy practice in you'll be all set ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Which of one of you fools messed with my clock so that I would miss my train :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »

I know this is sad, but the theory behind point 4 is wrong. If your opponent throws 2 rocks, throw scissors. Fairly self-explanatory, but fail on their behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

animaX wrote: »
    Don't worry, as long as you get your gameboy practice in you'll be all set ;)

That explains why I did so **** never got any Gameboy practice:(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Nice tourney, defo have to come back, but the heat in that place was insane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

www.qik.com/gotglint i ll be streaming the finals there is a bit. will post before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Had a great time at the tourney but had to leave early for the long drive home. Trust me to get drawn in a group with DooM and Chunkis. Pressure got to me in the play-off with Chunkis. Well, that and the fact he played better than I did :D

Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully I'll fare a little better next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cymatics

Had good craic today. I didn't get out of my group (beaten by Red 2-1 and Cobelcog 2-0), but it was a good laugh all the same playing casuals and watching the finals. I'll be back at the next one and hopefully do better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

1st Bush
    2nd Hound
    3rd IanMcTetly
    4th Cobelcog

You read that right folks, I didnt come 4th for the 3rd Inferno in a row :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Nice tourney, defo have to come back, but the heat in that place was insane
    You couldn't take the heat, but you could take Cobelcog? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GorySnake wrote: »
    1st Bush
    2nd Hound
    3rd IanMcTetly
    4th Cobelcog

You read that right folks, I didnt come 4th for the 3rd Inferno in a row :(

Wow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Today was great fun

I actually made it out of groups! But then followed my usual pattern of losing hence forth XD GGs to blag and Dark Onion, well played to you both

Had fun with the BB guys, I feel my game is improving a lot, need to get in some more Tao matches with you Red, she is a nightmare for me atmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good stuff. A new victor! and chris outside the money for once. :p Gutted I missed it but it sounded like a good tourney.

Advertisement