Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XII - 4/9/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

great tournament. Well organised and some seriously talented (doom, Chunkis) guys to learn from. My game has improved already.Looking forward to next one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

www.qik.com/gotglint i ll be streaming the finals there is a bit. will post before it starts.

Lol that didn't work at all.

The app that I use to stream doesn't use the cameras optical zoom so It means I have to be quite close to the telly to stream it and a view able quality, which is awkward in xgc.

Also when I tried to restart it it crashed. So a video of absolutely nothing got 30 views!

In the future If someone brings a laptop and can get a live feed on it, I can use my phone as a "wifi hotspot" (3g really) and the stream to a site like ustream etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Thats actually a good idea for people who cant make it. Helpful to get the word out as well.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Probably the best inferno we've had yet (minus the venue, but it was nice to "come home" as such :P). Organisation was as smooth as silk and the whole thing just seemed to work.

Great games to everyone I played: Robknoll (making a name for yourself!), Ajay, Dreddy X2, Chunkis, Bush, Ramza and Ian Mc (ow :P).

And good casuals to Dark Talent, seriously can not believe you didn't get out of groups with that killer Ibuki.
    Ramza wrote: »
    I actually made it out of groups! But then followed my usual pattern of losing hence forth XD GGs to blag and Dark Onion, well played to you both

Dude, stick with Feurte, that stuff was sick! I got lucky at the very end with that dash forward MP. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

D4RK ONION wrote: »

And good casuals to Dark Talent, seriously can not believe you didn't get out of groups with that killer Ibuki.

he did...

• Advertisement

Oh... well there you go! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Lol that didn't work at all.

The app that I use to stream doesn't use the cameras optical zoom so It means I have to be quite close to the telly to stream it and a view able quality, which is awkward in xgc.

Also when I tried to restart it it crashed. So a video of absolutely nothing got 30 views!

In the future If someone brings a laptop and can get a live feed on it, I can use my phone as a "wifi hotspot" (3g really) and the stream to a site like ustream etc..

does that mean there will be no uploads of any matches in our groups? Was hoping to see what I was doing wrong etc. Very GG to everyone I played. didnt get out of groups this time but felt alot better about my wins. My heart was thumping in every match!

No no thats all grand.

I recorded them with the video recorder.

Just the final I tried to live stream but for some reason whoever programmed the app didn't think to put in the zoom function

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Great tournament.

GGs to all I played and well done Orim for having things run so smoothly.

Though I'm getting Red groups these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Full Results :
    1st Bush
    2nd Hound
    3rd Ian McTetly
    4th Cobelcog

5th Doctor Doom
    5th D4RK Onion

7th Blag
    7th Dreddy

9th AnimaX
    9th Ken B
    9th Jun DP-1
    9th Chunkis

13th Orim
    13th Ramza
    13th Owmykneecap
    13th Redman350

• Advertisement

Cool. prize money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

it's all about money with you!

It was :

I'll leave you to work out who got what.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Very disappointed with my performance. Didn't even win a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Had a good time yesterday, well done to Orim for a smooth running. Was happy with my performance even though i didn't recreate my efforts from previous infernos. Nothing wrong with losing to McTeabag (it's still 2-1 to me at infernos!) and cobelcog (oh my god, he bleeds blood just like us :p )

It didn't quite have the same atmosphere or hype as the previous one in space 54 but its now clear that this is entirely due to how the xgc is laid out, its just not possible to have a separation between players and spectators.
    Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Nice tourney, defo have to come back, but the heat in that place was insane
    Neeknak wrote: »
    Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully I'll fare a little better next time.
    Cymatics wrote: »
    I'll be back at the next one and hopefully do better :P
    daltronica wrote: »
    Looking forward to next one

Was great to see so many new faces around. Hope to see you lads again! It's a shame when new faces show up and are then never seen again. Honestly, you won't believe how much your game will improve if you come along regularly and get to know people. People might not seem as helpful and friendly at inferno but thats because its a tournament environment! Casuals is where it's at :cool:
    FutureGuy wrote: »

Keep at it man, everyone has bad ones. Things will improve with time and experience offline. I think it was 8 infernos before i got out of a group!

Good games yesterday too! Enjoyed our little session. Also good games to blag at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to all the lads I played yesterday and thanks Orim for getting me into a group, even though I was late ( train failure in Thurles. )

Even though I didn't have a chance to warm up at all and was in a pretty bad mood to boot ( the train journey from Thurles to Dublin was hellish. ) I think I did OK, even though I didn't win any matches, I did take a point off Dark Talent.

And I told you lot, I was going to fall asleep, I got no sleep the night before again! :pac:

Too bad I couldn't stay for the final but I wanted to get to the train home ( which went smoothly this time ) but from what I saw of the other matches, it was Hype. Props to Tetley for knocking Cobelcog out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

And I told you lot, I was going to fall asleep, I got no sleep the night before again! :pac:

You need to start sleeping before inferno or you're gonna end up like this guy :p
    drunk_prank-13094.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Which of one of you fools messed with my clock so that I would miss my train :(

Our plan failed though!
    Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Nice tourney, defo have to come back, but the heat in that place was insane

Hey man, I was the Guile you played, you did excellent for your first tournament. Hopefully we won't be in that place for too long, none of us like playing tournaments there but to be fair we wouldn't have a scene if not for it!

BTW, defeating Cobelcog in your first tournament is something you can brag about for a long time round these parts.
    Neeknak wrote: »
    Had a great time at the tourney but had to leave early for the long drive home. Trust me to get drawn in a group with DooM and Chunkis. Pressure got to me in the play-off with Chunkis. Well, that and the fact he played better than I did :D

Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully I'll fare a little better next time.

Don't feel too bad about it, tournament experience is a huge advantage. If it makes you feel better, I wanted you to kick his ass too. :)

Keep plugging though, you had some skills, you could ask Sairus for some Rose tips.
    Cymatics wrote: »
    Had good craic today. I didn't get out of my group (beaten by Red 2-1 and Cobelcog 2-0), but it was a good laugh all the same playing casuals and watching the finals. I'll be back at the next one and hopefully do better :P

That's the spirit, I heard from a few lads you were alright. :)
    GorySnake wrote: »
    1st Bush
    2nd Hound
    3rd IanMcTetly
    4th Cobelcog

You read that right folks, I didnt come 4th for the 3rd Inferno in a row :(

Na hahahaahahaha!
    daltronica wrote: »
    great tournament. Well organised and some seriously talented (doom, Chunkis) guys to learn from. My game has improved already.Looking forward to next one

Thanks for the compliment, and I agree there's nothing to raise your game like tournament pressure.
    FutureGuy wrote: »

Don't worry man, we all have bad days. We'll have a few sessions before Inferno13 if you like.
    GGs to all the lads I played yesterday and thanks Orim for getting me into a group, even though I was late ( train failure in Thurles. )

Could have been worse, it could have broken down in Mallow.

So yeah good day for me, my second best showing in an Inferno, my best so far in Super.

Loads of good moments-

Chunkis realising if I threw my last fight in groups he'd be out of the tournament, and the subsesquent angel-and-demon-on shoulders moment I had:

My fight with Dan, when I sneaked out a cheeky airthrow win at match point for us both with pixels of health left- to a chorus of "AWWWWWWWWWWW" from the crowd, making me feel like a crap :D

My fight with Bush also, in reverse he sneaked a tight win against me, caught it on camera so it'll be a goody.

My airthrow off with Cobelcog. Also caught on camera.

Then Tetly beasting Cog. It was like he couldn't touch him, Tetly is someone to watch. I think he's in the top 5 in the country at the moment.

Hound getting to play his PS3 final was great also.

Orim explaining to Chunkis how lag work.

Overall a GREAT tournament. There's so many people floating around our "B" skill level now. It's getting wide open just there.

On to what people no doubt actually want to hear from me- I won't get a chance to throw up any vids til late tonight. I'll try to get the final up before I sleep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Very poorly run. Orim needs to keep the numerous delays of the day to a minimum. I was left there waiting forever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Fun day yesterday, I managed to play through my hangover and there is no disgrace in been eliminated by Hound and Blag.

Everyone I played was good and a challenge(Orim, Bourkenator, Future Guy, Redman, Hound and Blag + HandicapPanda, Dreddy and Cobelcog in casuals).

My main disappointment was the roll-call of absentees:

Araforn
    A-Trak
    Azza
    Chopper
    Farz
    Jim
    Kirby
    Newtype
    Ry
    Sagat08
    Sisko
    Unky Chop Chop

Amongst others....

All top 16 contenders.

On the flipside, great to see some talented newcomers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ken, thats a mighty fine list , any event without the above is automatically a fail.

• Advertisement

We're never going to get the entire community as it stands together again in the same place realistically. Too many people now, some of us are always going to be up to something!

I believe there was 35 people playing at this despite the missing regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I called in for about 10 minutes just before 5. I'd say only Rob and Paul realised I was there. It looked fairly hectic when I was about... Huge credit to Orim for running an event of this size! Sorry I couldn't play, and I'll miss next month because of the Eurogamer Expo. Kudos to the Limerick guys for representing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Great tourney, GGs to everyone I played.

Hope to see some of you new guys at casuals sometime soon (Wednesday and Saturday afternoons/evenings, Wednesdays tend to go on a lot longer into the evening).

I put up some vids more to come too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HprxkHgOURs

This just in, Ibuki is top tier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Here is the vlog I said I'd do, theres not much video on it as I was in a bad mood due the hellish train trip up. which I go into detail about. Not trying to garner sympathy, just recording the events as they happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

A special thanks to Owwmykneecap for not uploading dark talant's perfect on me in the 1st match! ;)

Grand final is up now.

Post processing is taking forever though, so it's not available in high quality yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played horribly and got knocked out early...Would have liked to stick around but it was just TOO warm! Also gets fairly crowded on one side of the room.

Won't be at the next one due to other commitments so plenty of time to raise my game for the one after (or fail horribly once again!)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great stuff Bush, psychic ultra in the first fight was a game changer!!

Advertisement