Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JB - No payment in the post this week?

• 25-08-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I usually get a payment in the post on Tuesdays but this week I didn't get one...

The yellow slip was returned to the Office on the Wednesday last week so it wasn't late at all.

Is this a usual occurrence, as I've only been getting the cheque for about a month so far, or should I go in and bring it up straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pholland

satory wrote: »
    I usually get a payment in the post on Tuesdays but this week I didn't get one...

The yellow slip was returned to the Office on the Wednesday last week so it wasn't late at all.

Is this a usual occurrence, as I've only been getting the cheque for about a month so far, or should I go in and bring it up straight away?
    yes .. this can be very common .been on 3 day week for 15 months and this has happened at least 6 times. you have to ring up the dole office (if you can get through ) and they will sort it . the money will be given on your next weeks cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

happened me just the once.. I had to go in and sign a form stating that I didn't receive cheque and if I did get it in the mean time I would give it back because a new one was on the way.
    Make sure you have your dates right that you missed and it will be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I didn't go in last week as I sort of hoped that it would work it self out, but it hasn't and then it didn't come this week at all either so im going to give them a call tomorrow and sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Went in there today and they told me the only way I would get a cheque from now on is if I work 2 days a week or 2 days + Sunday, so the last few weeks where I did 3 (3+Sun) dont count...

The guy in the office told me that its some rule that they only count the days that you've been cut from/or cut down too so from now on I need 4 X's on my sheet.

Complete rubbish if you ask me.

Any idea how often they check your working week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

This looks like substanial loss, which i recently posted on (about 5 minutes ago) so i will cheat and copy and paste

because you are on Job Seekers Benefit you must have a substanial loss of employment, this is defined as follows:

from Welfare page on JSB
    you must have lost at least one day's employment and as a result of this loss be unemployed for at least 3 days out of 6 days. Your earnings must also have been reduced because of the loss of employment.

So you have been receving JSB now for over a Year, and your entitlement is drawing to a close, however you could requalify because of the number of stamps you have paid from a certain point of your claim(i think it is the 156 paid day, but i could be worng on that).

However this is where substainal loss comes in. They have looked at your claim, and seeing as you have worked 3 days this seems to be your new standard, there is no loss of employment.

This is usally checked everytime you approach the end of a period on JSB. You should ask to have a JSA means assesment done, as Sub Loss does not apply, you will probably get a lot less, but you might still get something!

• Advertisement
Advertisement