Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go with this double?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I don't know much about racing but I do like a flutter every couple of days. Was thinking of doing a double on The Shoe, 6.30 Bangor and Slade in the 5.40 at Bellewstown. It will only be small stake so I'm looking for a decent return by doing them in a double. How do you lot rate their chances? The Shoe is currently 6/5 and Slade is available at 2/1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Both are races I'd avoid like the plague. Too trappy for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Thanks Mike, thats all I need to know about them. How about Supercede in the 7.20 at Ffos las, I backed him last week when you tipped him and he seemed to win pretty easily. Or Colepeper in the 4.30 at Brighton, he's been napped twice today by the "experts".

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Don't claim to know nearly as much as most people on here.
    But i like Colepepper to was at 13/8 when i backed him about an hour ago so proably a little bit too short, though that was in pp so proably better odds online.

Cheers Almat, I think I'll chance Colepeper anyway, he's available at 6/4 at the moment. Probably throw Supercede in for the double also and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I wouldn't like Colepepper too much there,alright he has a good chance ya,but the second favourite was a very very good two year old last year and although hasn't hit the same heights as it did,this is a much easier task today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'd rather be on Tara Warrior in the first at Ffos Las at 3/1 than Colepepper at 6/4 to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

These are not clear cut races. Whatever you go with if the bet is small enough go e/w on the double. You should at least get a few euro back if all goes well. I have Russian War in the 5.20 and Nostringsattached in the 7.20. The latter is being tipped a bit but if it a pure flutter on my part. More confident about Russian War though. Either way some of us should win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Slade came in - and Russian War for me so far - did you go with this double?

Ended up going with the Shoe and Supercede in a double. The Shoe finished second, 3 runners. Had Colpeper and Slade in singles. Might lump a few quid on Supercede since the double chance is gone. He's 4/1 JF at the moment.

Advertisement