Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design Course in Dun Laoghaire College

Options
  • 25-08-2010 1:11pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think I'm going to sign up for this: http://www.scd.ie/Computer_Graphic_Design/Default.374.html
    I don't actually work in the industry or anything I just enjoy web design etc myself but I'm fairly useless at the graphic design side and have always wanted to learn Photoshop & Illustrator etc.

I just thought I'd post to see if anyone here has done the course before, and also to let others know about it as some may be interested in attending too.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Zascar wrote: »
    I think I'm going to sign up for this: http://www.scd.ie/Computer_Graphic_Design/Default.374.html
    I don't actually work in the industry or anything I just enjoy web design etc myself but I'm fairly useless at the graphic design side and have always wanted to learn Photoshop & Illustrator etc.

I just thought I'd post to see if anyone here has done the course before, and also to let others know about it as some may be interested in attending too.

Cheers

Hey Zascar ,

I completed the course myself last June.
    From my point of view , I really liked it, and learned a wealth about photoshop. Coming from a total beginners background re photoshop, I always found it was difficult to get into from just following manuals , tutorials etc and what was needed to be in a classroom environment. Its the sort of package where you need to know how to do the little things, same as Illustrator. Can't recommend the tutor Stefan enough ( if you get him that is , there's two seperate classes ) , has great enthusiasm and knowledge. Need to know anymore let me know.
    One major gripe about the course ( well more about the college really ) was that the classes that we missed due to the snow at the start of the year weren't restaged , despite assurances to the contrary.
    The classes are cramped as hell as well, which for a tall enough guy like me wasnt pleasant!! Having said all that cant really complain for 350euro., if you look at any other similar course in Dublin they're at least 1k + .

AB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers, I just signed up, cannot wait. Stefan is teaching it:) We even get to avail of the student discount on Photoshop and Illustrator too!

Advertisement