Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant confirmation anybody please??

Options
  • 25-08-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I am about to go into 1st year of college doing a level 8 course! I have applied to Limerick county council for a grant. I had everything sent off (application form, p60, p21, etc...) a day after the application forms were out, however i still have not heard anything. When i ring I am told I will just have to wait and when i emil i get "You will be notified when a decision is made", does anyone have any idea as to how long more ill be waitin, as i was 1 of the first to get my form in :( :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

imissmyboo wrote: »
    Hi, I am about to go into 1st year of college doing a level 8 course! I have applied to Limerick county council for a grant. I had everything sent off (application form, p60, p21, etc...) a day after the application forms were out, however i still have not heard anything. When i ring I am told I will just have to wait and when i emil i get "You will be notified when a decision is made", does anyone have any idea as to how long more ill be waitin, as i was 1 of the first to get my form in :( :mad:

No - No idea, could be weeks, could be another month

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

The system is a joke!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pinkygal

imissmyboo wrote: »

Friends of mine didn't hear until nov' last year and payouts were in jan '10. I'm in same pos as you, will email them nxt week to see if they will print out letter for college that i'm eligable or app is pending. If you do pay the e1500 you will get it back if grant is approved as well as your grant and some colleges wait for payment. Ring the college and ask if they do that. Good luck in college. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Agreed, they should be able to issue a letter stating you've applied (I think mine said something along the lines of being eligible on the face of it for the grant). That should satisfy whoever needs to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 imissmyboo

Ok guys thanks very much 4 replying, rang 2day and they said that the closing date for applications is 2moro so they will start going through applications from tomorrow, and that they will go through them as they were received which is good as i will be one of the 1st to be looked at :D cheers again

• Advertisement
Advertisement