Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alterations to train services

Options
  • 25-08-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Have been hearing about some alterations to train services. Because of the new line to Dunboyne opening, the following services will be reduced from 8 to 6 carriages. I only know the times from Skerries -

From Skerries

From Pearse

The extra carriages will go to provide a service to the Dunboyne line.

Northern line commuters - the poor relation again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

bloody hell, not fair why do we always have to suffer when Irish Rail make any changes, it was bad enough when they added extra stops to our trains,

Where did you hear the news about reducing the carriages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

At least there's only the 1 rush hour train impacted each way I suppose. On the other trains you can generally get a seat as far down as Malahide.

Silver linings and all that...

When is this going to kick in OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

This is a handy app that gives real-time information on trains and buses. It doesn't work on all phones but check for compatibility with yours.

http://cabbagetexter.com/bart.php

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

pithater1 wrote: »
    At least there's only the 1 rush hour train impacted each way I suppose. On the other trains you can generally get a seat as far down as Malahide.

Silver linings and all that...

When is this going to kick in OP?

not always, sometimes you can be lucky to get a seat in balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

NorthDub wrote: »
    not always, sometimes you can be lucky to get a seat in balbriggan

On the rush hour trains yes.

The reductions should not impact the other 3 ones each way at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Baldoyle

Have you noticed they have started to build a third track at Clongriffin? In theroy this will increase the capacity on the line as it will be an area where the commuter train can pass the Dart which usually sits in Malahide blocking the line.
    Of course it could cause more Drogheda trains stopping in Clongriffin so the Belfast train can fly past :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I noticed that too.. Wonder how long it will take to be built though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Agreed that there will be some benefit in allowing Drogheda bound trains to pass by late running DARTS.
    The punctuallity on the Northern suburban line has gotten worse since the last timetable, and that's even allowing for all the padding they have built in.
    To be fair, I don't think this deterioration in service is linked to the new station, but is caused mainly due to late running northbound DARTs south of Pearse.
    When you slot a Drogheda train 5 minutes (or less) behind a northbound DART, even if the DART is running 3 minutes late, it means a slow journey all the way to Howth Junction.

Advertisement