Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register for NUI Galway...

• 25-08-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Could someone help me out here? just trying to figure out how to register online for 1st arts.... and i really don't know how, and the scary thing is that in the info pack they sent to my email says that i have 2 do it within 3 days of accepting the course via cao....thats today!
    help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

orlabobs wrote: »
    Could someone help me out here? just trying to figure out how to register online for 1st arts.... and i really don't know how, and the scary thing is that in the info pack they sent to my email says that i have 2 do it within 3 days of accepting the course via cao....thats today!
    They would have given you a link to go to. Theres a registration faq here:http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/regfaq1st.html which should lead you through the steps involved. Take your time if you're picking subjects. Also you'll have to pay your registration fee (1500) and student levy (~250) - unless you applied for a grant, then you just pay the levy - so have some credit card details on hand. You can also upload a photo for your student ID card but if you prefer, you can just skip that and email them on a passport photo at some stage...there'll be instructions for that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I don't think they're that strict about you registering within 3 days of accepting your offer.I know one lad that didn't register untill september last year.If you just go on to www.nuigalway.ie/registration you can follow the instuctions to register it should tell you how to do it in your registration handbook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 townEnd

Im the same,arts in nuig, except i havent even recieved the information pack yet...
    Worried...

Paid for corrib though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mmmchoccy

townEnd wrote: »
    Im the same,arts in nuig, except i havent even recieved the information pack yet...
    Worried...

Check you email, there should be a link there for an online version of it :)

Yeah, i was surprised about the three day thing too... and I didn't realise you had to pick your subjects( arts) straight away! I thought you had a few days to try classes or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

They would have given you a link to go to. Theres a registration faq here:http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/regfaq1st.html which should lead you through the steps involved. Take your time if you're picking subjects. Also you'll have to pay your registration fee (1500) and student levy (~250) - unless you applied for a grant, then you just pay the levy - so have some credit card details on hand. You can also upload a photo for your student ID card but if you prefer, you can just skip that and email them on a passport photo at some stage...there'll be instructions for that too :)

but i don't have a user id or password...... or do i? :confused:

• Advertisement

townEnd wrote: »
    Worried...

Paid for corrib though :)

see ya in arts and corrib :)

but i don't have a user id or password...... or do i? :confused:
    Your user id is just your CAO number. This will become your student number on your student ID card. Your password will be sent out in the registration pack :)

Your user id is just your CAO number. This will become your student number on your student ID card. Your password will be sent out in the registration pack :)

sorry to be so annoying, but where on the reg pack is my password... i only got the email version though...

sorry to be so annoying, but where on the reg pack is my password... i only got the email version though...
    You'll be sent out one in the post :) There'll be instructions on a booklet and you get your password from there. Maybe someone who has got the registration booklet already can help you, it may have changed since last year!

You'll be sent out one in the post :) There'll be instructions on a booklet and you get your password from there. Maybe someone who has got the registration booklet already can help you, it may have changed since last year!

ok thanks very much!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

i accepted home ec teaching on monday but have no recieved no word about registration etc...
    just wondering does anyone have any clue when it would be..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Also you'll have to pay your registration fee (1500) and student levy (~250) - unless you applied for a grant, then you just pay the levy - so have some credit card details on hand.
    for anyone who doesn't have a credit card, you can also request a bank giro to pay your fees and student levy. an email address is given in the booklet and they'll send one out to you
    You can also upload a photo for your student ID card but if you prefer, you can just skip that and email them on a passport photo at some stage...there'll be instructions for that too :)
    if you don't want to upload or email a pic, you can get it taken on the day you're collecting your ID card but you'll be waiting ages. i made this mistake last year :o
    bubblz wrote: »
    i accepted home ec teaching on monday but have no recieved no word about registration etc...
    just wondering does anyone have any clue when it would be..?
    you have until the end of sept to register afaik so there's no rush but you will receive an information pack telling you how to register in the coming days or next week.

hope this helps, guys :)

whiteman19 wrote: »
    if you don't want to upload or email a pic, you can get it taken on the day you're collecting your ID card but you'll be waiting ages. i made this mistake last year :o

I was gunna say this aswel but on their 2010 faqs it says to upload one or to email on a passport one within the next few weeks, so maybe they're not taking the photos this year? Might speed things up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 townEnd

see ya in arts and corrib :)

Fact...it will be messy :D

Advertisement