Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer law help

Options
  • 25-08-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am having a problem with power city and was looking for a link to where it says in the law (not just a guide) that goods must me of merchantable quality, and if there is a problem a repair should be permanent (is wasnt, twice and I want a refund) and that it is up to the seller to put all things right not the manufacturer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Thoie wrote: »

I was already looking at that but I cant find where it says all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I was already looking at that but I cant find where it says all of this?
    See section 14.

You need to know a little about contract law as the sale of goods act just implies terms in every sales contract between a consumer and a person selling as part of a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

OP, don't be afraid to raise a complaint on the Power City web site.. (the complain form sucks though btw.. limited to 100 chars or so) but they do seem to take them seriously..

I was given shockingly poor service by Powercity out in Liffey Valley, told a bunch of lies and left sitting round for 5 hours for a product they didnt even have (after they charged me for it).. The manager wouldn't do **** to fix the issue..

Raised a complaint on their web site, got a call within 30 mins (this was about 7pm in the evening).. and a promise the product would be delivered to my house next day free of charge.. and it was...

Advertisement