Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worming and Fleas

Options
  • 25-08-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Im looking to see how often people use worming and flea stuff on their dog , how much it costs and where they buy it.

To be honest I havent done either of these in about a year for my dog but she doesnt scratch a lot, but I would like to get back into the habit of it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

You should definitely worm your dog every 3 months. Please only use the wormers you buy from your vet and steer clear of supermarket brands. You can buy them over the counter in the vet and they're given by weight so make sure you know what your dog weighs. Good brands are Drontal and Milbemax.

I don't put flea treatmanets on my dog if she hasn't got fleas and it's been a few years now since she's had any but again if you notice fleas you can buy treatments over the counter in your vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Advocate every month. It's €46 i think for 3 months supply cos our pup is 30kgs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

It is recommended that a dog be wormed every 3 months, Drontal is a good brand and is available over the counter at your Vets (I would agree with prev post about supermarket brands)
    It is also recommended that flea treatment be carried out regularly, somebrands are used once monthly, other are used once every 3 months. Remember there is a link between fleas and worms, so it is important to do both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Thanks

Thats a great help

Advertisement