Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with streaming video

• 25-08-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hello kind technofolks, I need some help.
    I can't stream any kind of video at the moment. I'll use youtube as an example, but this is happening on all video streaming websites for me.
    When i click on a video, the video will open no problem. I get the first couple of seconds, and then it just stops loading. I can't get any further. It is very, very frustrating.
    I'm using firefox, but have tried other browsers and the same errors occur.
    I thought it may be a flash problem, so I installed the latest version of flash player again, but this had no affect.
    I can download data from the web no problem.

I still feel it may be flash related though. I also couldn't load up the scrabble app on facebook fully the other night. And when I tried one of those internetspeedtest thingies, it failed to complete properly (i didn't have time to try this again as I had to head out yesterday evening)

Any suggestions on what to try, or what the problem may be would be very welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Try this and re-install?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Yeah, I know. Kinda like switching it off and on again. But worth a shot. This was happening to me too a while ago for youtube and myspace playlists. They weren't loading at all. A few installs did the trick.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You need a minimum download speed for sustained streaming.i'm not certain is it 2megabytes per second?try <speedtest.net> and find your download speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Thanks for the suggestions folks, but it turns out it was merely a connection problem afterall. I must not have been paying attention to my downloads correctly. Normal service has resumed though :D

Advertisement