Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone line

• 25-08-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭

I have a regular PSTN phone line in my house but its only in the hall press which is a very small area

I work from home somtimes and have a DSL modem am soon getting a hardware VPN for work

Anyways, without going in to much detail, the phone line is only in the hall press and I would need to have the phone line at another location in the house i.e. spare room

I know I could do it myself but am not confident in doing it

My question is, is there a company/trader that would do a job like this ?

Would Eircom etc. do such a job like this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

So you have phone and broadband working today? Why do you need to move it?, could wireless not work for you? Alernatively you could run a long phone cable from the existing point to the spare room, tacking along skirting or ceiling?

You might also get better information in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

eddiem74 wrote: »
    So you have phone and broadband working today? Why do you need to move it?, could wireless not work for you? Alernatively you could run a long phone cable from the existing point to the spare room, tacking along skirting or ceiling?

You might also get better information in this forum.

yep, broadband working fine. I need to move it as am setting up a office where I need a work physical phone and pc and hardware VPN connected. The hall press is not suitable for this.

I could do what you say alright, but cud be a bit messy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

obi604 wrote: »
    yep, broadband working fine. I need to move it as am setting up a office where I need a work physical phone and pc and hardware VPN connected. The hall press is not suitable for this.

I could do what you say alright, but cud be a bit messy

Ok, but phone could be a DECT type phone, so wireless no, with base station at existing location? Thats what I use and I work from home quite a lot. Wireless router gives you broadband connectivity, and you can then connect through your VPN?

Alternatively you could also consider homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Ok, but phone could be a DECT type phone, so wireless no, with base station at existing location? Thats what I use and I work from home quite a lot. Wireless router gives you broadband connectivity, and you can then connect through your VPN?

Alternatively you could also consider homeplugs.

The setup I would want would be as folloows : So the phone line from Eircom would plug in to the DSL modem, then from the DSL modem a cable to the Hardware VPN, then from hardware VPN a cable to a Work PC/phone

The hardware VPN needs a physical cable plugged in to it and from there I would plug a cable in to my physical cisco work phone and my PC

Advertisement