Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flying into malaga

• 25-08-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hi, im flying into malaga airport, my flights are booked,havent booked accomodation yet... just wondering where is the best place to stay, going with the GF for 5 nights, so wanna stay somewhere nice?

any ideas on where to stay, what region etc..

i heard marbella/estepona is nice

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

marbella is nice but i found it on the quiet side but then i was there in december

malaga is a very lively bustling city, i would recommend staying there for a night a two, good nightlife, a nice beach, a few interesting sites (like the castle, the bullring etc).

we also did the rock of gibraltar during our time in that part of spain, the monkeys are cute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

marbella, puerto banus - all good
    beaches are typically clean
    good mix of restaurants
    will still have a decent atmosphere in sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh I wish I was you!

If I had 5 nights to play around with I would go straight to Estepona. It's a lively working Spanish town with a great atmosphere. Plenty going on all year as it is mostly populated by Spanish. Plenty of nice restaurants, bars and shopping for the lady! It has the nicest beach on the Costa, and it is spotless. Roughly half an hour/45minutes on the local bus gets you to Puerto Banus or Marbella for a day out for a change, but I wouldn't stay in either place. Both are nice to see for a day, but IMO highly overrated, expensive, and can be full of chavs on hen weekends.

You can also get to Gibraltar very easily from Estepona as another alternative day trip. But I can't stand the place, it is noisy, dirty, and.... well I just don't like it.

I would recommend that you spend 4 nights in Estepona, and the last day/night in Malaga city. I absolutely love that city, it has everything and strolling around in the evening is great. It is like Barcelona was before it became so popular. I can recommend both the Molina Lario hotel, and the AC Malaga Palacio hotel. They often have great deals. If you stay the last day/night in Malaga city you are only 20 minutes from the airport on the local bus too.

This is the bus website - it goes up and down the Costa from Estepona to Marbella, and goes all over to places like Ronda (very nice), Seville, Malaga, etc. There is also a new express service from the airport to Estepona, so if you don't want to bother driving, you don't have to, and the fares are ridiculously low.

http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/horarios.html

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Hi All,

Four Lads heading to Malaga for a few nights before travelling upto Cordoba for a weeks wake boarding.

Does anyone know of any cheap accommodation in Malaga? A nice hostel would be perfect or a cheap hotel ... not very fussy as long as its clean and secure.

Also has anyone seen any bull-fights in Malaga or point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Advertisement