Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What other financial help am i entitled to?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey everyone,just wondering as a mature student living at home what other financial help am I entitled to?I have applied to and gotten the BTEA as long as I send them in proof of enrollment.I also have applied for the grant but theyre giving me the run around.
    What is the story with fee's and things like that?Also with the BTEA does that work the same as my social welfare?like I still collect it in the post office?

I appreciate all the help you's can give me cause Im clueless to all this:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Hey,

You're entitled to either the BTEA or the grant. As you've applied for the grant, you might still be entitled to have your tuition fees paid (€1500) but you won't get the maintenance portion (€3,000+) if you opt for BTEA
    You can pick up your BTEA in your local post office or it can go directly into your bank account - whichever you prefer.
    Hope that helps a bit
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you get BTEA then the grant will pay your fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭moons657

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    If you get BTEA then the grant will pay your fees
    jesus that would be nice:eek:hopefully the grant comes through cause they are running me in circles at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

moons657 wrote: »
    jesus that would be nice:eek:hopefully the grant comes through cause they are running me in circles at the moment...
    you need to apply on the form at www.studentfinance.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

But if your living at home. Your parents income will be considered with the maintanence grant.

• Advertisement

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    you need to apply on the form at www.studentfinance.ie

thanks lad!!
    ROCE1977 wrote: »
    But if your living at home. Your parents income will be considered with the maintanence grant.

ah yea.i know.i already provided them with more information than they could ever need:rolleyes:

just read there that if i get the maintance grant it means they will pay my registration fees under the student services charge...that would be grand if they get back to me soon enough niow is another story:eek:

thanks lad!!

ah yea.i know.i already provided them with more information than they could ever need:rolleyes:

ok. If you know it all then why ask. I was only trying to help. Smart arse!:) (joking).

ok. If you know it all then why ask. I was only trying to help. Smart arse!:) (joking).

hahaha ah i wasnt being smart.was being sarcastic about that grant company
    !!they like their info:rolleyes::p

hahaha ah i wasnt being smart.was being sarcastic about that grant company
    !!they like their info:rolleyes::p

It is a bit of a joke, the grant application form is 16 pages or something stupid!!:eek:
    I was lucky the EGF paid for my fees as I was one of the Dell people who were made redundant last summer. So I didn't need the grant.

BTEA was a handy form compared to maintainence grant.

• Advertisement

It is a bit of a joke, the grant application form is 16 pages or something stupid!!:eek:
    I was lucky the EGF paid for my fees as I was one of the Dell people who were made redundant last summer. So I didn't need the grant.

BTEA was a handy form compared to maintainence grant.

yea the btea was brilliant.no messing around.i got that,just have to send in the letter from the college:)

Advertisement