Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sword

Options
  • 25-08-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Excuse me for being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times, but can someone advise me where to start with these guys??

I always seem to catch on to bands waaaaay too late!???:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

...................I just tried to get into their site, and got a message saying "This account has been suspended"?

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

...................I just tried to get into their site, and got a message saying "This account has been suspended"?

WTF?
    Somebody probably forgot to pay the hosting bill. Have they got a page on MySpace?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Somebody probably forgot to pay the hosting bill. Have they got a page on MySpace?

Yeah they have. Can u recommend an album??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

A mate of mine recently recommended these too ... I had never heard of them so I checked out their album Gods Of The Earth ... it's kind of like early Black Sabbath and the early days of Thrash mixed ... its good , there's some monster riffs and grooves but the vocals are a bit muddled and there's little in the way of a chorus in what Ive listened to so far ...

I ****in love the artwork on the new album Warp Riders - it looks like it belongs to a slab of old 70's/80's heavy metal vinyl ...

THE-SWORD-WARP-RIDERS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That's some pretty cool artwork alright. I've been meaning to look into these guys too, their new album is getting good reviews.

I think this is the single. Sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Schism wrote: »
    That's some pretty cool artwork alright. I've been meaning to look into these guys too, their new album is getting good reviews.

I think this is the single. Sounds good.

They supported Metallica in the O2 in London March '09, music is fine, but it just didn't grab my attention - mind you the sound was crap for them.....

might check them out in the Academy later in the year.....

Gave the new album a blast last night ... mega Epic **** - much more accessable on first time listen than Gods Of The Earth ... will do my best to hit the gig in the Academy on Dec 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

Their first album Age of Winters is great aswell. Saw them live a couple of times and they were amazing each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

really digging tres brujas, I like them just for the artwork on Warp Riders alone,

• Advertisement

really digging tres brujas, I like them just for the artwork on Warp Riders alone,

+1:cool:

Will have to take a closer look at these guys.

Thanks for your replies. :)

Advertisement