Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trabzonspor v Liverpool Thursday 18:30 [Match Thread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Brilliant finish to a great game! The Royvulition is underway!

:rolleyes: Jeez he's hardly got the seat warm and yer coming up with s***e like that???

Stop it will ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Go on Pacheco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NGoal is never going to be above 2nd/3rd striker at LFC, no great shame in that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

In 99% of cases, you'll know how good a player is going to be by the time he's 21.
    Ha Ha i love made up stats! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

mike65 wrote: »
    NGoal is never going to be above 2nd/3rd striker at LFC, no great shame in that though.

Give the lad time. Still only 21.

In 99% of cases, you'll know how good a player is going to be by the time he's 21.

99% of posts are horseshít too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I disagree, its clear Hodgson likes him so he sees something in him. He looks like he needs to get stronger physically but that takes about 3 months and could be done next summer or even this year if Liverpool bring in somebody else.

He reminds me a lot of a young Zamora actually or Shearer when he was that age too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thats...just...not true at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The best thing about the match (beside the fact we won and got through) was Pacheco's cameo. He looked really lively!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

91 Liverpool fans in attendance - pathetic away support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

99%. That is pure shíte anyway.. Definitely don't agree...

Agree. To rely on him like we do is criminal. To then chastise him for not being Torres is even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

91 Liverpool fans in attendance - pathetic.

ha, evnin' Roker ;)

I was very down an hour ago (like footie actually matters!) now I'm all chirpy and may have a sandwich and a bit of chocolate to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Dave will never be good enough for liverpool torres is class we all know that but has injury problems and if ngog is our second stricker it just shows how bad we have become.Its unfortunately a sign of the times:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

monkey9 wrote: »
    The best thing about the match (beside the fact we won and got through) was Pacheco's cameo. He looked really lively!

Agree, he looked class as he has any time I've seen him. Needs to be involved more in 1st team.

91 Liverpool fans in attendance - pathetic.
    If i was to check through your last 100 posts in the soccer forum, how many do you reckon would be about Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

So how good is Lucas? Will he be Champions League good? Xavi good? Genuinely interested to know.

We need another striker. Badly

• Advertisement

So how good is Lucas? Will he be Champions League good? Xavi good? Genuinely interested to know.

FFS don't put those two names in the same sentence???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If i was to check through your last 100 posts in the soccer forum, how many do you reckon would be about Liverpool?

Surprised he didn't make it over himself he's so obsessed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

owl-orly.jpg

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ha, evnin' Roker ;)

Evenin Rebel.

I have to say, I think that is a very, very poor attendance like.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ha, evnin' Roker ;)

We never did find out about the girl he lost to a Scouser did we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Fletcher was awesome at 21 wasn't he,also how how many goals did drogba get the season he was 21?

• Advertisement

Do you think 91 people is an acceptable away following for a European match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

IMO, if babel had come on a bit earlier or even started ahead of aurelio that tie would have been put to bed much quicker. Aurelio was way off the pace and and we had no outlets to throw a pass to and say 'go on run at them'. Babel showed that in the few mins he was on, his pace is something we lack in this team badly.

I'd say easily top 4 good. Not as a star player, but as a good squad player. Sure he played a big role in our team the season we finished second putting in his fair share of very good performances. Think Fletcher at United i reckon.

And how many of those posts would be one sentenced attempts at wind ups,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Poulsen did well....

Great subs by Roy, shut them fans up quick enough. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Ara I'll take that. How many more matches until Dublin now? :pac:

And how many of those posts would be one sentenced attempts at wind ups,

Not a wind-up at all, but the same question to you:

Game over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

He's a solid player imo.

As for how good will he be.. I don't know but I'd be looking at something similar to Fletcher.. both in terms of his development and the way he plays. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For a midweek, qualification game to a second tier European competition in Turkey, yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'd say easily top 4 good. Not as a star player, but as a good squad player. Sure he played a big role in our team the season we finished second putting in his fair share of very good performances. Think Fletcher at United i reckon.
    So you're saying he'll be a decent rotation player?

That's basically what he is now.

Its ****ing Turkey for a second round, second leg qualifier! If LFC hadn't been in European footie for about (how long since Sunderland played in Cup Winners Cup?) a million years then 91 would be poor but frankly my dear in these straightened times people would rather spend their money carefully rather than on some mad jaunt across Europe.

Change the record.

Seriously, your posts are revealing a massive chip.

What have you against Liverpool anyway?

You support "Sunderland"

Enjoy the result :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Better performance. Had to grind it out. Their fans are ****ing awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Did I hear that correctly, only 90 Liverpool fans?

Were they told not to travel?

Let me guess. No one bites and you'll post again in an hours time "Only 92 away fans, disgraceful"

• Advertisement

Right you will probably have a go at me now because i don't have as many posts as you :rolleyes: Lucas a top 4 team or squad player you're having a laugh of the top of my head city aint top 4 while they are trying they let ireland go and he's better than lucas facts are he aint good enough for liverpool except if we are happy to finish seventh again or lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I remember reading not so long ago that even the likes of Galatasary and Fenerbache take very small numbers to Trabzon and Liverpool fans were advised to stay away for their safety.

Dirk's committed his future to Liverpool! :)

mixed up wrote: »
    Right you will probably have a go at me now because i don't have as many posts as you :rolleyes: Lucas a top 4 team or squad player you're having a laugh of the top of my head city aint top 4 while they are trying they let ireland go and he's better than lucas facts are he aint good enough for liverpool except if we are happy to finish seventh again or lower.
    Its not in doubt if he's good enough to be a squad player for a top 4 team. He was just that for 2 of the last 3 years.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Change the record.

Seriously, your posts are revealing a massive chip.

What have you against Liverpool anyway?

You support "Sunderland"

Enjoy the result :)

Nothing at all against Liverpool, as I've stated time and time again on here.

I just think 91 away fans for a club who their supporters on here think are massive, is a very poor attendence.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc would have taken far, far more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I'll tell ya one thing, thank God I am not one of those 91 fans in Turkey now. Can't imagine it to be the best place to be right now wearing a Liverpool shirt amidst thousands of pissed off Turks. Each of those 91 fans deserve a medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Nothing at all against Liverpool, as I've stated time and time again on here.

I just think 91 away fans for a club who their supporters on here think are massive, is a very poor attendence.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc would have taken far, far more than that.

To Turkey on a Thursday night for a Europa League qualifier ?

Doubt it.

MR NINE wrote: »
    Let me guess. No one bites and you'll post again in an hours time "Only 92 away fans, disgraceful"

As I said in my first post on the matter, I didn't know if I had heard correctly (to be honest it came as a bit of a surprise that it was such a lowly figure). Then the commentator confirmed near the end of the game that it was 91 fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

super-rush wrote: »
    I remember reading not so long ago that even the likes of Galatasary and Fenerbache take very small numbers to Trabzon and Liverpool fans were advised to stay away for their safety.

Well done that man. Going to Turkey for a club match to support an English team is not something that any right minded fan would do

• Advertisement

Dirk's committed his future to Liverpool! :)

This would make me so happy only as hard as he tries larry murphy has a sweeter touch than dirk.Liverpool fc should be competing for the league and kuyt aint good enough to be in a team that will win the league just ask yourself would he make utd,chelsea,arsenal or even city?

Advertisement