Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trabzonspor v Liverpool Thursday 18:30 [Match Thread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Better performance. Had to grind it out. Their fans are ****ing awesome!

Definitely!! Just before we equalised, they had some mad chant going on. Sounded really like it was coming from the back of their throats!! It was some noise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Nothing at all against Liverpool, as I've stated time and time again on here.

I just think 91 away fans for a club who their supporters on here think are massive, is a very poor attendence.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc would have taken far, far more than that.

not for a qualifier pal, 91 is alot to head to turkey at this time of the year and closing in on christmas, wouldnt of been cheap ta get too for this sort of match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    To Turkey on a Thursday night for a Europa League qualifier ?

Doubt it.

that is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

super-rush wrote: »
    I remember reading not so long ago that even the likes of Galatasary and Fenerbache take very small numbers to Trabzon and Liverpool fans were advised to stay away for their safety.

Cheers for a decent response rather than labelling my post a wind-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Rokerroar, think about it this way. When its common knowledge that the manager is resting his best players for the tie and its in another continent on a Thursday night in Liverpools 3rd most important competition of the season how many fans did you expect to travel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Its not in doubt if he's good enough to be a squad player for a top 4 team. He was just that for 2 of the last 3 years.

The only year he played fairly often the team finishes seventh no all his fault but if he is our only cover we will never win anything.Please just tell me one game where liverpool played well and he stood out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I just think 91 away fans for a club who their supporters on here think are massive, is a very poor attendence.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc would have taken far, far more than that.
    Liverpool are a massive club. Please argue againest if you wish.

As I said in my first post on the matter, I didn't know if I had heard correctly (to be honest it came as a bit of a surprise that it was such a lowly figure). Then the commentator confirmed near the end of the game that it was 91 fans.

Well I'll hold my hands up and say the second post worked, you've got everyone discussing it now myself included.

Ok fair enough.

Liverpool fans are terrible at following their team away in Europe.

Always have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

what the hell are you on about, there was over 40,000 at anfield last week for a uefa cup qualifier, a journey to Trabzon is a quite a trek, its a 16 hour drive from istanbul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sunderland are lucky to have 91 home fans in the Stadium of Light sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

MR NINE wrote: »
    Rokerroar, think about it this way. When its common knowledge that the manager is resting his best players for the tie and its in another continent on a Thursday night in Liverpools 3rd most important competition of the season how many fans did you expect to travel?

sorry for being a pedantic pat, but are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I disagree. What do you base this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mixed up wrote: »
    The only year he played fairly often the team finishes seventh no all his fault but if he is our only cover we will never win anything.Please just tell me one game where liverpool played well and he stood out?

Stop talking through your hoop.

Look RokerRoar, nobody here gives a f*ck about the attendence tonight. You're the only one who has issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

United at Old Trafford, 1-4? Newcastle 0-Liverpool 5? Away at Fulham couple of seasons ago? Against United at Anfield last reason? He made just less than 30 appearances season before last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

TechnoPool wrote: »
    not for a qualifier pal, 91 is alot to head to turkey at this time of the year and closing in on christmas, wouldnt of been cheap ta get too for this sort of match.
    Yeah, united haven't had to go to qualifiers in a long while tbh.

And LOL @ Lucas being compared to Fletcher.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Stop talking through your hoop.

Sorry i forgot he used to be playing every week instead of alonso,mash gerrard :rolleyes:

evil_seed wrote: »

Is it not?

most of turkey is in asia, when you cross the Bosphorus river in istanbul you are in asia actually and trabzon is some 700 miles east of instanbul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

90% of turkey is on the Asian continent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

jenno86 wrote: »
    Sunderland are lucky to have 91 home fans in the Stadium of Light sometimes.

Given some of the dross we've been served up in recent years, this is certainly true.

However, we have an average attendence of about 40,000 each season, which isn't much less (around 5,000 at a guess) at all than Liverpool's.

It's called passion and support.

I don't know if you mean what you have said as an insult, but it's certainly anything but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Is it not?
    No, its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Regarding the line up, this is how things will be all season if Hodgson takes the same approach as he did with Fulham in Europe - strong side home, weaker side away. In the EPL he did likewise to protect his best for the games that the team stood the best chance of winning.

Is it not?

Unless they are teaching the kids that Turkey is no longer a European country than I must be incorrect. This was in the Europa League. There's a clue in the name of the competition

United at Old Trafford, 1-4? Newcastle 0-Liverpool 5? Away at Fulham couple of seasons ago? Against United at Anfield last reason? He made just less than 30 appearances season before last
    LOL utd when torres ripped vidic a new one, a demolition of a poor newcastle team that got relegated please your having a laugh lets be honest.

Unless they are teaching the kids that Turkey is no longer a European country than I must be incorrect. This was in the Europa League. There's a clue in the name of the competition

Israel play in European competitions!!!

Sorry i forgot he used to be playing every week instead of alonso,mash gerrard :rolleyes:

Ah you for real? I don't think Dirk has missed two matches in a row in about three years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turkey are an Eurasian State in Europe. Its not hard to figure, like Russia is. They'll be in the EU before 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

wonderful discussion of the game tonight I see.

So is Israel in Europe then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Sorry u intenet tough guy all i said was i dont think lucas is good enough for liverpool fc and you call me a f**king moron f**k you you r**ard.

:D......:rolleyes:

what?? lots of clubs and countries playing in europe are NOT located in europe, next you will tell us israel are in europe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Its remarkable how this thread has become a history lesson on a player and a geography lesson on a country. I thought school re-commenced next week;)

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah you for real? I don't think Dirk has missed two matches in a row in about three years!!

I wrote that about lucas please read the comment before quoteing me.Like i said kuyt tries his best but i don't think he's good enough for liverpool fc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

There are so many stupid people saying so many stupid things in this thread in the page few page in quick succession, its actually remarkable.

ExplodingHead.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

mike65 wrote: »
    Turkey are an Eurasian State in Europe. Its not hard to figure, like Russia is. They'll be in the EU before 2020.

I wouldnt have fancied going tonight.

mike65 wrote: »
    Regarding the line up, this is how things will be all season if Hodgson takes the same approach as he did with Fulham in Europe - strong side home, weaker side away. In the EPL he did likewise to protect his best for the games that the team stood the best chance of winning.

I hope you're wrong and we just see it in the Europa league!!

I wrote that about lucas please read the comment before quoteing me.Like i said kuyt tries his best but i don't think he's good enough for liverpool fc.
    Not only is he good enough. He is one of our best players. And has been since he arrived. Check out Llyods stats, check out sneijder's comments about him today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Didn't get to see the game but from reading reports and comments it seems we were gennerally muck until babel and Pacheco came on? People giving out about ngog and Lucas again aswell. I wouldn't be their greatest fans. I've said for ages ngog is too lightweight and needs to bulk up. He doesn't hold the ball up enough for lay offs and is a bit brainless. Flimsy is the word I have for him. Still though it's not his fault he's being asked so much, just a sign of where our club is at the minute.

Was poulsen any good? Not expecting people to say he was but I can hope!

• Advertisement

ha this thread is full of win :D

Oh soccer forum............

So is Israel in Europe then?

In sporting terms yes it is. Just like Turkey

Not only is he good enough. He is one of our best players. And has been since he arrived. Check out Llyods stats, check out sneijder's comments about him today too.

Like i said i respect kuyt for his effort but is he meant to be a winger now? give me young or lennon any day even bale is playing great on the wing now kuyt ain't a winger so if he cant make it as a striker at liverpool ahead of ngog he ain't good enough for liverpool fc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Most of Turkey is in Asia only

Orange Arrow Turkey Europe

Red Arrow Turkey Asia

Yellow Arrow where tonights game took place

:o Oops!! Apologies!!

Mixed Up-you're aware we don't actually play with traditional wingers and haven't really done so for the last number of years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Lol at anyone maintaining that Trabzon is not in Asia.

Also, while I feel people are a bit harsh on him at times, Lucas is definitely not at the level that Fletcher is.

not now he's not, no one was claiming that

• Advertisement
Advertisement