Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trabzonspor v Liverpool Thursday 18:30 [Match Thread]

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hey, Oğuz Atay, the author of Tutunamayanlar, Nazlı Deniz Kuruoğlu who was Miss World in 1995, Tahsin Özgüç the archaeologist, Tunç Hamarat who was World Backgammon Champion in 2004, Aysun Kayacı the well-known actress and model, Ali Müfit Gürtuna the former mayor if Istanbul - are you listening Ali Müfit Gürtuna? - your boys took one hell of a beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Mr Alan wrote: »
    not now he's not, no one was claiming that

Ok that's fair enough, I obviously misunderstood. So you're saying he is at the level that Fletch was when he was his age?

That would seem about right, though I think Fletcher improved at an almost abnormal rate in a very short space of time, and I wouldn't necessarily expect the same of Lucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Lol at some of the arguments in this thread. Epic!

IBTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i actually think Lucas has been better than Fletcher was at that age for the last couple of years. but if he can get to the level Fletcher is at now in the next three years, he'll be a super player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I genuinely don't understand how people rate lucas at all, fair enought kuyt works hard, and scores goals, but what does lucas do.

Passing is shít.
    Shooting is shít.
    Tackling is shít.

Can someone explain?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand how people rate lucas at all, fair enought kuyt works hard, and scores goals, but what does lucas do.

Passing is shít.
    Shooting is shít.
    Tackling is shít.

Can someone explain?

Bola de Ouro (Golden Ball), given to the best player in the Campeonato Brasileiro
    Campeonato Gaúcho: 2006, 2007

People cant get their head off the fact that Lucas is not a typical slinky passing Brazilian. He has a lot to prove and may very well fail. A lot of footballing people still hold him and high regard and at 23 and a DM.. anyone who writes him off is being over zealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Passing is shít.
    Shooting is shít.
    Tackling is shít.

Can someone explain?

Well wasn't he sixth or so in the list of tackles won last year, think I saw that on sky when they were on about masch, his passing is not ****e, he is just made a scapegoat when things go bad, now Insua is out of the team it looks like Lucas is enemy number one again, can you name me a couple of better centre midfielders for 5 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

maps_of_world_europe-enlarge-view.jpg

mixed up wrote: »
    Like i said i respect kuyt for his effort but is he meant to be a winger now? give me young or lennon any day even bale is playing great on the wing now kuyt ain't a winger so if he cant make it as a striker at liverpool ahead of ngog he ain't good enough for liverpool fc.

Give me a winger who has got 20 plus league goals in the last 2 seasons ahead of young or Lennon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Thursday Night - Channel 5"

yep. But youre still gonna watch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep! :) I'm flushed with optimism, we're gonna finish 4th in the league and win the EL!

/echo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mixed up wrote: »
    he ain't good enough for liverpool fc.

if he is good enough to play every game on a dutch national team that get to the wc final, then he is good enough to play for liverpool in their current state

mike65 wrote: »
    Yep! :) I'm flushed with optimism, we're gonna finish 4th in the league and win the EL!

/echo

Where is your optimism mike your turning into a bitter ****er as well

Advertisement