Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College, part time work, and a baby :)

• 25-08-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys iim due back in college now in September but iv been working part time for a few months now. While im in college will i still be able to work casually or will this benefit stop? i work four days per week including sunday and get paid for the remaining days.

Also me and my girlfriend are having a baby and i was wondering if there is anything i could claim just while im in college as money is going to be very tight.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm confused - why wouldn't you be able to work part time?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

If you are in college fulltime, you are not entitled to claim any form of social welfare payment.

Your partner might be entitled to claim you on any of her claims, but it would depend on what she is entitled to claim. You might also contact the university/college you are attending. They sometimes have hardship funds for people from disadvantaged backgrounds or parents attending college fulltime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    I'm confused - why wouldn't you be able to work part time?

Sorry i will be still working part time, i was just wondering if i would still get paid for the days i dont work by the social.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

cheers clauric ill ring the college tomorrow and ask about the hardship fund. Dont get me wrong im by no means in a bad situation. Ill survive on what i earn until i finish college, its just with the baby due in February it would be handy to have that extra bit of money coming in.

Advertisement