Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a dessert suggestion and a Wine.

Options
  • 25-08-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I've to cook dinner for 4 on Sat

My Menu thus far

Starter: Chicken skewers in a Peanut Crust (Personal favorite of Mrs ki)

Main: Monkish in a dill sauce with Parsnip Chips

Dessert: ????

I need a dessert suggestion and a Wine.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find that pavlova is always a popular dessert, and with all the berries still in season you can make a really impressive one. They're very easy to make if you use Delia Smith's method, and the meringue can be made the day before.

I use 4 eggs and 8 oz of sugar for a bigger pavlova.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Agreed on the pavlova, there are beautiful blackberries coming into season now, with some redcurrants, blackcurrants, kiwi, and strawberries and raspberries, you'll have a delicious dessert that you can make beforehand and leave in the fridge.

Something acidic would cut through the richness of the previous courses (peanuts, dill cream sauce), maybe lemon posset with gingersnap biscuits, or something light and cold like poached pears and vanilla ice-cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

ki wrote: »
    I've to cook dinner for 4 on Sat

My Menu thus far

Starter: Chicken skewers in a Peanut Crust (Personal favorite of Mrs ki)

:

Have you a recipe for this? Sounds mmm

What about cheesecake? Can be done in advance. Or chocolate biscuit cake? That means no fussing when it's time to bring out the dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Kimia wrote: »
    Have you a recipe for this? Sounds mmm

What about cheesecake? Can be done in advance. Or chocolate biscuit cake? That means no fussing when it's time to bring out the dessert.

Kinda I make it from memory and what's in the press most times.
    I'll write down the qty's when I make it and post it Monday.

Thanks for the ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RE the wine:

You'll want a light red - maybe a Pinot Noir or a Cote du Rhone, or else a full bodied white - maybe an oaked Chardonnay or a fruity Albarino from Spain.

Ask you local wine shop for advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement