Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc 02 Posting No Bills From Now on

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Upc and 02 have refused too pay An Post too post there bills too its Customers.

Where does that leave the people of ireland ?

Will this go too the High Court ?

How far will it go ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

How far will it go ?
    from Comreg http://www.askcomreg.ie/news/02_online_billing.7.1015.LE.asp
    02 online billing

13th August 2010

ComReg has been in touch with in O2 regarding its recent online billing trial. During these discussions, ComReg advised O2 that it has serious reservations about the proposal to arbitrarily switch consumers to this new on-line billing services without customers prior express permission. ComReg is aware that many consumers already see the benefits that can derive from electronic bills and that many others may elect to join them. However, in the interests of transparency and overall consumer welfare the decision to move to electronic billing should only be made with the prior explicit agreement of that consumer.

ComReg is continuing to constructively engage with O2 on these issues and in the meantime, ComReg advises any O2 customers that have received a communication from O2 on this matter, that they are entitled to receive a paper bill and if they have concerns about this issue to contact O2 on 1909 and to request paper billing.

Additionally, the general issue of online billing has been raised with ComReg via the Telecommunications and Internet Federation (TIF) industry group. During these discussions, ComReg has stated that while there are benefits associated with online billing, the introduction of online billing solutions must also safeguard the interests of consumers and, in that regard, ComReg is looking forward to working with TIF towards finding suitable online billing solutions. This process is ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How far will it go ?

the fcuk?

you can just ask to keep getting your o2 bills posted out, 1 phonecall and its sorted, online billing is the way to go, its just a PDF of your actual bill.
    if its for a business and its for tax reasons or for claiming expenses fair enough, I stopped getting bills in the post years ago, dont get any except a bank statement which I've asked them to stop sending me. The majority of people dont even read their bills anyway just look at the total and unless its high they just ignore the rest. Obviously people who dont have internet access need the paper one too but if you dont read it then dont bother getting it posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Online Billing is fine if:

1. 2 to 3 years bills are online.
    2. The savings, even in part, are passed to the customer...which they are not.

Otherwise fcuk them the greedy bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

An Post have lost the contracts for 02 and Upc.

Which means they do not want too pay An Post Too post bills anymore.

And more companies too follow

Meteor, 3 Broadband, Vodafone, Esb, Bord Gas, Airtricity probably

one 02 tried it the rest will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

An Post have lost the contracts for 02 and Upc.

Which means they do not want too pay An Post Too post bills anymore.

And more companies too follow

Meteor, 3 Broadband, Vodafone, Esb, Bord Gas, Airtricity probably

one 02 tried it the rest will follow.

they willl certaintly all try it ,if any company had to buy a million stamps a month ,a million envelopes and a few milllion sheets of A4 to print it all on............

its smart business to switch everyone to online billing unless they specifically want a paper bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Oh I rang O2 about this on Tuesday they are extremely scorpy about this oh noez we can't do anything all we can give you is a 1 pager ..... no discount or anything offered. Typical Spaniards :)

Sponge Bob wrote: »

1. 2 to 3 years bills are online.
    2. The savings, even in part, are passed to the customer...which they are not.

Otherwise fcuk them the greedy bastards.

Why would you need to see bills from 2 or 3 years ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I like getting everything in paper. You always need something dated in the last 3 months to provide proof of address for lots of things. How do the online-only people cope? I suspect companies won't take printouts from a website as proof of address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

krudler wrote: »
    Why would you need to see bills from 2 or 3 years ago :confused:

It's useful to keep track of spending over time e.g. energy consumption over previous winter periods.

Many only offer online bills for a shorter period, but there is no reason why all previously issued bills cannot be available - it's nothing for them to host it.

In the past I've had online billing with BT and it was rubbish. I had to keep resetting my password to gain access (not my fault) and it would never email me when a new bill was available even though it was setup correctly. A bad experience overall.

For a competent company (not BT!) where your bills are for the same amount each month, then I have no issue with online billing. Otherwise I prefer it to be posted to me. Online bills can be missed / ignored too easily.

• Advertisement

I get it now. This is a campaign by those damn unions again.
    The only way O2 will take any notice is if there are wide scale objections to the process by its customers. Therefore, I would ask each and every one of you to talk to your family, friends and anybody else you know with an O2 account asking them to vehemently complain about this process and also asking them to seek to have the process withdrawn.

http://www.cwuconnect.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=667&Itemid=33

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sponge Bob wrote: »

1. 2 to 3 years bills are online..

You could just save each months PDF to a file. It'd be quicker than opening a letter.

snappieT wrote: »
    I like getting everything in paper. You always need something dated in the last 3 months to provide proof of address for lots of things. How do the online-only people cope? I suspect companies won't take printouts from a website as proof of address.

The pdf you get in an email is an exact copy of what comes in the post.

If you go to get an upgrade with Vodafone they can just print your bill in store to use.

I stopped any paper bills I could years ago.

Oh and pedantic hat on, too is different from to OP. To is the one you want :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have little email folders sent up.

1. for O2 bills

2. for wage slips

3. Easy Pay

4. UPC

they are all together in one place, if i need copies of them, i just print them out and it needs i never lose on

much easier then having loads of bills knocking around the house and every few months having to sit down, sort them out and put them in the relavent folders

thank you for that link upc have started following 02 last friday.

I like getting post bills and don't like having too mess around with my email too get bills.

Plus these company's are putting jobs at risk for Postal workers all too save a pretty penny and not the trees
    JDxtra wrote: »
    I get it now. This is a campaign by those damn unions again.

http://www.cwuconnect.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=667&Itemid=33

thats very true....

I dont work in a office everyday where I can access my email and go threw my bills.

But how can we complain about this cause it will get worse.

comreg ? maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Does this mean UPC wont be sending out any of their junk mail anymore to 'The Householder' - YIPEE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hmmm...

I pay my bill in the post office. I have no bank account or credit card so I have no other way to pay.

The only way to pay in the post office is with a bill. What does all this mean to me? Obviously I have no way to pay the bill.

I'm going to email them...

With UPC btw not o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 natterjack

Wake up guys this is all about 02. Its not about paper or paperless. Its about customer choice. 02 are just trying to make more money.

They sent out a sneaky note in small grey print taking away bills. Has anyone seen this very underhand note. Starts off saying if its all right with you....then goes on to say they are going to stop sending bills. Another couple of million of pay back to Telefonica!!

Anyone know a Spanish word for sneaky or underhand?

They are not giving us a choice thats the point. Let us opt for paperless bills. Don't tell me you're not getting a bill unless you ask.

It stinks. 02 won awards for customer service now customers should tell 02 what they think. Write to Danuta Grey and Telefonica and let them know what we think as customers

Anyone see the papers yesterday. 02 are backing down now under 18 and over 65s wont be affected.

02 will respond to pressure. Comreg are a joke serious concern but what action????

Opting in is a better system than opting out. There are thousands of people who would be perfectly happy to stop receiving paper bills but are either too lazy or don't think about it enough to actually ring up about it. This way everyone knows there's no paper bills and if they need/want them they are compelled to ring up.

E mail comreg and Danuta grayAt 02 and you know I think we should all ring Joe Duffy he'll get results

that's the only way to get these guys to treat their customers fairly

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I think online bills are great. I've been using them with O2 for nearly 2 years and I've no complaints at all. I've moved about once a year for the last 6 or 7 years so this gets rid of the hassle of changing address. I've just checked the O2 site and it has the last 14 months of bills available. It would be nice if it had them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I got a loan from Bank of Ireland on the basis of a printed O2 bill. They're identical what you get in the post.

I personally love online billing, means I can store the documents on my computer instead of having them languishing on my desk for months before taking up space in a folder.

I can understand though how some people would prefer paper bills - especially older people - and I think it's a complete disgrace that O2 get away with charging people for receiving paper bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Limericks wrote: »
    Hmmm...

I pay my bill in the post office. I have no bank account or credit card so I have no other way to pay.

The only way to pay in the post office is with a bill. What does all this mean to me? Obviously I have no way to pay the bill.

With UPC btw not o2

Ring them up and request a Payzone Card - can be used virtually everywhere....

Brgds
    Johnny

Paperless is great but thats not the point. 02 are making the choice for consumers. Let us decide what we want.

The way they did it was sneaky, grey small print..... Designed so that no one would notice.

Wake up lads and tell them what you think. Send us a form and lets see how many opt for paperless.I bet they won't do that.

Comreg say they are concerned but what have they done. Big bark, no bite!!! ...yo'ud wonder are they a bit like the financial regulator, maybe they are too close to the phone companies?

Isn't there a Consumers Office, has anyone heard anything from them they are always going on about shopping surveys. Another toothless watchdog

When i joined 02 i had to sign a contract and they put it they would send me a bill. What they are doing now looks dodgy legally

I have emailed Comreg the e mail is consumerline@comreg.ie.
    Joe Duffy can be got at joe@rte.ie

I suppose yer woman in 02 must danuta.grey@02.ie

Hmmm...

With UPC btw not o2

so why should a company bore the cost of the fact you dont have a bank account, its 2010 ffs!

you dont need a bill to make a payment either btw, you just need the invoice number, you can ring them and ask for this every month.

natterjack wrote: »
    Wake up guys this is all about 02. Its not about paper or paperless. Its about customer choice. 02 are just trying to make more money.

They sent out a sneaky note in small grey print taking away bills. Has anyone seen this very underhand note. Starts off saying if its all right with you....then goes on to say they are going to stop sending bills. Another couple of million of pay back to Telefonica!!

Anyone know a Spanish word for sneaky or underhand?

They are not giving us a choice thats the point. Let us opt for paperless bills. Don't tell me you're not getting a bill unless you ask.

It stinks. 02 won awards for customer service now customers should tell 02 what they think. Write to Danuta Grey and Telefonica and let them know what we think as customers

Anyone see the papers yesterday. 02 are backing down now under 18 and over 65s wont be affected.

02 will respond to pressure. Comreg are a joke serious concern but what action????

The choice for opting for paperless bills has been around for years, I havent gotten a bill since 2007 from them, the whole point was people werent opting for it when they were asked, now they have to decide if they want it, all it takes is 1 short (free) call to get it sorted, you'd swear they were asking you for a pound of flesh they way you're carrying on.

ah Joe Duffy, the fallback figure for the whingers of this country.

natterjack wrote: »

Wake up lads and tell them what you think.

What most people think is either "meh" , "good idea" or a combination of these.

Stekelly wrote: »
    What most people think is either "meh" , "good idea" or a combination of these.
    what people think is why are thse companies not sending my bills like they used to, when they ask they are told they CANT go back to getting real bills so most leave it thinking they have no other recourse but they are ENTITLED to the printed bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Hmmm...

With UPC btw not o2

ring upc and they will send u out a card so you can pay in any payzone point or post office

• Advertisement

miccy203 wrote: »
    ring upc and they will send u out a card so you can pay in any payzone point or post office
    ring UPC and demand your bill as you are entitled to get one.

Advertisement