Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc 02 Posting No Bills From Now on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭manna452121

Jobs will be lost if these companies start this.An post deliver 3 million letters approx for O2 and at the moment mail is down 15%.Everyone should insist on an invoice being posted to there house,will O2 give free computers to people so they can go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jobs will be lost if these companies start this.An post deliver 3 million letters approx for O2 and at the moment mail is down 15%.Everyone should insist on an invoice being posted to there house,will O2 give free computers to people so they can go online.

Theres no "insisting" involved, you just ring and ask them to keep getting paper bills, problem solved, are people just dense? or do they not read what people post around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So we should resist change and efficiancy to protect an post jobs? Can we assume it's your job your hoping to potect?

What about all the other innovations over the last few hundred years that made life easier or better? should we suppress everything that might put a job at risk? Where were you when email was invented to put a stop to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

Guys this really is nuts. I can't see what all the fuss is. It was only a matter of time before businesses started moving in this direction. As has already been mentioned innovation brings development of this nature and we all need to move with the times.

I can't see how this represents bad customer service though. It seems that both UPC and O2 will give you a paper copy if you really want it. It looks like all of those incentives over the past few years to try and get customers to switch to online or paperless billing just haven't been availaed of by the public through simple inertia.

Every business in the country has had to make cutbacks in certain areas to keep afloat and this is just the same. I don't think protecting jobs in An Post is remotely relevant. I'm sure you'll find that UPC and O2 will have let people go of late and if this step wasn't taken a few more might have had to be let off.

I see it as a positive step and i'm sure we'll see lots more row in behind on this approach. I recently seen a very good online service where they would take all of your online bills and put them in one location under one log-in. It looked very useful and could do well out of this scenario. Anyone know the name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

El Camino wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of it?

www.getitkeepit.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

It looks like they cater for all major utilities so what more could you ask for... apart from your paper bill of course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I got my O2 bill on time as usual yesterday, postmarked last Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ranger82

It's about consumer choice & they didn't give it to us.

They should have set it up "if interested please opt in to paperless billing" not switch us all off & then we have to waste our time trying to switch back on. 20 minutes on hold & customer care with a snotty attitude disgusted I had even asked to be switched back on & then trying to give me just a 1 pager instead of my itemised bill!:mad:

In their terms & conditions it says "I will receive a bill every month" which legally I am entitled too. They have broken their side of the contract, I know if I broke mine they would charge me a penalty for disconnecting!!

Ranger82 wrote: »

They should have set it up "if interested please opt in to paperless billing" not switch us all off & then we have to waste our time trying to switch back on. 20 minutes on hold & customer care with a snotty attitude disgusted I had even asked to be switched back on & then trying to give me just a 1 pager instead of my itemised bill!:mad:

In their terms & conditions it says "I will receive a bill every month" which legally I am entitled too. They have broken their side of the contract, I know if I broke mine they would charge me a penalty for disconnecting!!

They have not broken their contract, it does not say "I will receive a paper bill every month"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ranger82

Ok IrishTonyO it doesn't say paper bill but it does state it will send all invoices to your billing address
    Billing Procedures

• If you are an existing O2 Pay Monthly Customer who is purchasing a Mobile Phone and availing of the Services we will, unless you clearly specify a preference for on-line billing on the Agreement Form , send all invoices and notices to your billing address shown on the Agreement Form unless you tell us of any change in writing or by telephone.

• Advertisement

Ok IrishTonyO it doesn't say paper bill but it does state it will send all invoices to your billing address
    Billing Procedures

• If you are an existing O2 Pay Monthly Customer who is purchasing a Mobile Phone and availing of the Services we will, unless you clearly specify a preference for on-line billing on the Agreement Form , send all invoices and notices to your billing address shown on the Agreement Form unless you tell us of any change in writing or by telephone.

Well then that looks like they are breaking the contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

thank you for that link upc have started following 02 last friday.

I like getting post bills and don't like having too mess around with my email too get bills.

Plus these company's are putting jobs at risk for Postal workers all too save a pretty penny and not the trees

Jobs at risk, over not posting some bills, I dont think so. If you are unhappy contact them and request paper bills.
    No offence but "to" and "too" are two seperate words, I know its just a mistake and not relevant to the post but some mistakes make it difficult to read.
    Limericks wrote: »
    Hmmm...

I pay my bill in the post office. I have no bank account or credit card so I have no other way to pay.
    I'd just get on the phone to them? but I dont know how anyone could not have a bank account? does that happen?
    I think there have been a few replies to this, free computers?? ok hmmm

Maybe an online option of opting in or out would be a good idea.
    I still prefer a few bills in original hard copy. A bank didn't accept print outs for an extension I got on a loan, have they changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bagwanscottie

Yes the online option is great, but this is about choice. Someone somewhere decided what was good enough for me and then attempted to force through the change. This is not about paper bills versus online its about Customer care and attention. Are these guys doing this to pass on the savings to me....I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Yes the online option is great, but this is about choice. Someone somewhere decided what was good enough for me and then attempted to force through the change. This is not about paper bills versus online its about Customer care and attention. Are these guys doing this to pass on the savings to me....I think not.

well vote with your feet, change accounts or tell them you will time come a contract end unless they do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 natterjack

dead right its about choice and Ill decide what I need and not be dictated to by the Spaniards. Why are they doing it...not for me all about saving a few more million.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Where was the kick up before about not havign the option of paperless billing?
    If it was all about choice surely you should have been campaigning for it's introduction before they got around to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I used to keep these bills, but I have no longer the space to keep folders of paper that I don't use. TBH all I need is access to an online account where I can access my records and run stats on them. Sent me an email or a txt each month to remind me of my bill so i can see if as expected, or off the wall. I switched to a specific unlimited calls option so my bills are pretty much fixed anyway once I stay with my plan. I didn't want any surprises each month.

natterjack wrote: »
    dead right its about choice and Ill decide what I need and not be dictated to by the Spaniards. Why are they doing it...not for me all about saving a few more million.

You do have a choice, just ring and ask them to keep sending out the paper bill.

I mean seriously? are people not readinh this thread at all? They havent forced anyone to do anything, if you want a paper bill you can still get one, just ring up and ask. simples.

I wonder what percentage of the people whinging about this actually go through their bills every month, from personal experience I'd say about 10%, probably less..

mountain out of a molehill if there ever was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

It was announced that the regulator is getting involved now with 02.

And ever 02 Customer with get a written letter asking them too decide which they want e billing or Bill in the post.

My thoughts I think that is fair too the customer and let them decide what the want instead of not asking them at all.

No word on the Regulator getting on too U.p.c Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They did send a letter already?

This sounds like the most stupid thing ever. Are people really this dumb?

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    They did send a letter already?

This sounds like the most stupid thing ever. Are people really this dumb?

Yes.

It was announced that the regulator is getting involved now with 02.

And ever 02 Customer with get a written letter asking them too decide which they want e billing or Bill in the post.

My thoughts I think that is fair too the customer and let them decide what the want instead of not asking them at all.

No word on the Regulator getting on too U.p.c Yet.

Honestly, do I have to start using hand puppets to explain this? you STILL have a choice if you wanted a paper bill or not, just ring and ask, its been pointed out about a dozen times already on this thread at this stage and you're still making it sound like o2 are denying paper bills to everyone,which they never were in the first place.

The choice has been around for YEARS to switch to paperless billing, hardly anyone did even though they dont read their bills and now they've changed it so if you still want them you simply ring up and ask.

Oh and btw, "to" and "too" have completely different meanings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bongi69 wrote: »
    I got my O2 bill on time as usual yesterday, postmarked last Friday.
    i just wish Bord gais could produce their bills as fast, mine usually arrive weeks after they are produced on the system and only a few days before the DD is due.
    krudler wrote: »
    Honestly, do I have to start using hand puppets to explain this? you STILL have a choice if you wanted a paper bill or not, just ring and ask, its been pointed out about a dozen times already on this thread at this stage and you're still making it sound like o2 are denying paper bills to everyone,which they never were in the first place.

The choice has been around for YEARS to switch to paperless billing, hardly anyone did even though they dont read their bills and now they've changed it so if you still want them you simply ring up and ask.

is it a case that those that are ringing up are being told by customer care thay have no choice but to accept the online bills? this kind of sharp practice would not be unherd of especially in mobile phone circles, three network tried last year to force all customers on a "for life" offer onto a different offer by telling them they had no choice!

Upc never gave its customer notice I never got a letter at all.

At least the Regulator is sorting it out now.

I wonder will they sort out upc next.
    krudler wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 natterjack

got a email from ComReg saying they have told 02 they are unhappy and we need to agree in advance to any change.... but what are they doing about it than saying.

Did they tell 02 to withdraw the note to customers? very confusing...

Yeah I never got any notification from UPC, so have changed my settings on line to resume paper billing.

too be honest I don't think com reg is the regulator cause they stated in a email too me that sorry its in your terms and conditions with upc and we can do noting.

Now the regulator has got onto 02 and told them too send out notices asking customers too choose which they want which i think is fair.

Tony thats the last thing I would do then Im giving in too upc by accessing there website and doing there job for them.

hopefully the upc thing will be sorted out soon.

Id say a ton of customers are getting on too them
    natterjack wrote: »
    got a email from ComReg saying they have told 02 they are unhappy and we need to agree in advance to any change.... but what are they doing about it than saying.

Did they tell 02 to withdraw the note to customers? very confusing...

too be honest I don't think com reg is the regulator cause they stated in a email too me that sorry its in your terms and conditions with upc and we can do noting.

Now the regulator has got onto 02 and told them too send out notices asking customers too choose which they want which i think is fair.

Tony thats the last thing I would do then Im giving in too upc by accessing there website and doing there job for them.

hopefully the upc thing will be sorted out soon.

Id say a ton of customers are getting on too them

seriously?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Yeah I never got any notification from UPC, so have changed my settings on line to resume paper billing.

They will charge you for that , €2 or €3 a month if billed monthly.

You must email in a formal complaint and they will change it for you, the difference is that becauuse THEY changed it it will be free...like it always was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hype1014

We already have some of the highest mobile call charges in Europe. O2 (and others) already make higher margins per customer in Ireland than anywhere else in Europe.

Removing paper bill will make customers less aware of the high charges and make controlling their spend more difficult. This is nothing more than another profit grab by O2.

If customers don't want paper bills they should be incentivised to opt out of paper bills.

The multi nationals continue to run rings around Com Reg and all they do is issue bland statements.

How much does Com Reg cost and does anybody know if we are getting any value from the investment. The reality is that it is probably just another T&T ( talk and travel) club.

Advertisement