Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc 02 Posting No Bills From Now on

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hype1014 wrote: »
    We already have some of the highest mobile call charges in Europe. O2 (and others) already make higher margins per customer in Ireland than anywhere else in Europe.

Removing paper bill will make customers less aware of the high charges and make controlling their spend more difficult. This is nothing more than another profit grab by O2.

If customers don't want paper bills they should be incentivised to opt out of paper bills.

The multi nationals continue to run rings around Com Reg and all they do is issue bland statements.

How much does Com Reg cost and does anybody know if we are getting any value from the investment. The reality is that it is probably just another T&T ( talk and travel) club.

Aside from the *101# call cost checker on their phone, ringing 1909 for free to check themselves, the o2 website and the spend alert texts, which can all control a customers spend way before a bill is issued out, what more do people want?

As someone who deals with the public constantly, the majority of phone customers have NO responsibility for their own actions when using their phone. they dont know what package they're on or how many minutes they get, dont know the cost if they go outside their minutes ,they're told all this to begin with but dont pay attention, then ring in to complain they've been "ripped off" when they've only been charged for what they've used as outlined in the contract they signed, but all they care about is a shiny new phone, pay no attention to the tariff or its extras.

The highest phone bill I've ever gotten in my 5 years of being on billpay is was less than 80 quid, and that was when I was roaming in Canada and needed to make some calls home, because I know my tariff and how to stay within the minutes and texts, then you get people who have 50 minutes a month and use 300, then want to know why they get charged for it:rolleyes:

Advertisement