Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article Based PhD question

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows if the inclusion of a systematic literature review counts towards the satisfication of the criteria of 3-5 published or accepted for publication articles for an article based PhD?

It wouldnt be that I wouldn't have enough studies completed to produce 3 articles, its just that I wouldn't be sure that they would be published/accepted for publication in time. Like I don't see the point in being a registered student in the university just to satisfy that criteria.

Been talking to few people in the dept and outside and nobody really seems to know

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

It depends on how you pitch the literature review :)

There are many journals that publish literature reviews, extended think-pieces, theoretical works etc. Cant really say much without knowing what discipline you are working in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mayogirlie

Yes, the literature review has already been accepted and published in a peer reviewed journal. I am just wondering when it is stated that you must have 3-5 published articles do these have to relate to research conducted, i.e studies/testing conducted?
    By the way im in health sciences

Advertisement