Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why advertise lost dog if you don't really care?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Strange situation - about 3 weeks ago I saw a "lost" poster in my local vet about a particular large breed dog (expensive enough to get hold of) with a large reward advertised.

That day I saw (from afar) a roaming dog of that breed (I was on my way to catch a plane so couldn't pick it up). I rang the owner and told her I thought I might have seen her dog. She said "Your number came up on my phone and I'll call you if I need directions to where you spotted the dog". So I told her that if it was her dog, to donate the "large reward" to the local SPCA.

I never heard from her again. :confused:
    The poster is still up saying the dog is lost.

I get the impression she didn't even bother trying to find the dog I told her about. Am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Ring her and ask her.

Maybe she found the dog but never went around to remove all the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I would ring and ask, mainly because it would bug me if he was still wandering the streets!! She probably never got round to taking down the posters, hope that's all it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Or maybe she went looking and couldn't find the dog.

And either way, just never told you.

Advertisement