Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is an account in Arrears

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can somebody explain to me when an account is in arrears?

If I miss my monthly Direct Debit but pay it before next Direct Debit is due do I avoid getting a bad credit rating score.

Or do you get a miss payment credit rating when you miss your payment?

Confused?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I presume you mean a personal/home loan account?

An account is only in arrears once you have fallen a full repayment behind.

Even then you should be issued an arrears notice and you will have 10 days to make the payment.

(This is based on a non-Irish banking system so I'm open to correction)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Can somebody explain to me when an account is in arrears?

If I miss my monthly Direct Debit but pay it before next Direct Debit is due do I avoid getting a bad credit rating score.

Or do you get a miss payment credit rating when you miss your payment?

Confused?

You are in arrears when a payment is a day late in the banks eyes. The missed payment will be marked on ICB if over 30 days overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Arrears are usually defined as the amount demanded from the customer less the amount paid - if you pay 1c less, or pay a day late, you are technically in arrears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

homer911 wrote: »
    Arrears are usually defined as the amount demanded from the customer less the amount paid - if you pay 1c less, or pay a day late, you are technically in arrears

True. Your are in arrears, even if your 1cent behind.

Advertisement