Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Services in Skryne ?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking forward to moving to Skryne soon and just wanted to see what options there are in terms of services?

Coming from Dublin I've been used to council bin collections but I believe such things are left to private contractors in Meath.
    I've heard of Tag-a-bin and Midland waste - are there any others and what kind of price are they?

Also with regard to broadband, does anyone know what options are available? Entering the new phone number into eircom's site returns a "Unfortunately you have not pre qualified for broadband at this time." message. Not sure if this means DSL isn't an option or if we just have to wait and test the line.

Also I know natural gas is piped to Navan - I assume it doesn't branch off to Skryne and oil/renewables are the only options for heating?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

broadband in skryne sort of depends on where u are
    ya should be ok in most parts of it ,if not you can use the o2 or so
    my father has the eircom broadband

not sure about the bins or the gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

fme wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Looking forward to moving to Skryne soon and just wanted to see what options there are in terms of services?

Coming from Dublin I've been used to council bin collections but I believe such things are left to private contractors in Meath.
    I've heard of Tag-a-bin and Midland waste - are there any others and what kind of price are they?
    Midland waste, small bin and recycling comes in at €320 per year or €90 for the year and €6 per domestic waste lift
    Also with regard to broadband, does anyone know what options are available? Entering the new phone number into eircom's site returns a "Unfortunately you have not pre qualified for broadband at this time." message. Not sure if this means DSL isn't an option or if we just have to wait and test the line.
    Depends on where you are, most of Skryne is on the Tara exchange and DSL is not available once you go past the hill. In fact the north facing side of the hill has terrible coverage for dongle and wireless as well.
    Also I know natural gas is piped to Navan - I assume it doesn't branch off to Skryne and oil/renewables are the only options for heating?
    Yup, however Mrs.O sometimes lights a fire of a cold evening ;)

Advertisement