Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex questions....

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If this is a little too racy for boards, I am very sorry for posting and close away!

Dont know if this has been talked about or asked (although i'm sure it has) but I have been having sex for a long time and I do enjoy all the things we do except for the, ahh hmm, anal part.
    Now I have been bottom a good few times and always enjoy it when its happening but when I am just thinking about it or about to do it, all i think about is how horrible it is too do and painfull (even though its not really).
    Its the same with being top, when I top I do enjoy it (although I am a little more bttm) but it also just freaks me out a little bit.
    When I talk to other guys about it they either say love it either or.
    But then there are the very few guys who say they dont like either and they just enjoy the other stuff that we do. I think I am in this catagory.
    I do find some guys except you to do it if they are only top.

How do you guys feel about being bottom? Does it freak you out a little?

Always use a rubber!!!! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Nah it doesn't bother me. I prefer being top but if I am to be bottom I take control, I know what ways work for me and what ways don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

That survey by the Irish Health Board (?) fairly recently showed that 70% of gay men don't regularly have anal sex. Admittedly the number of participants was a bit low to say the statistics were accurate, but I think it's fair to say that it's not as popular as people believe. Nobody should ever feel obligated to have anal sex, it doesn't make it "real sex". It's just one activity that you can do.

That survey by the Irish Health Board (?) fairly recently showed that 70% of gay men don't regularly have anal sex. Admittedly the number of participants was a bit low to say the statistics were accurate, but I think it's fair to say that it's not as popular as people believe. Nobody should ever feel obligated to have anal sex, it doesn't make it "real sex". It's just one activity that you can do.

While, if asked, I wouldn't say I engage in anal sex regularly, that's more to do with not having a guy than not wanting to, perhaps some of those guys think in the same way ;)

For me personally I don't feel sexually satisified unless I've topped a guy. Even if I've cum, repeatidly with a guy, I still feel horny. Where as if I'm top, one good long hard arse pounding sorts me right out ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 68,705 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It was an ESRI survey, and the figure was for all people who have had "homosexual genital contact" even once, so that includes those who had teenage expirementation that rarely would go as far as anal. I'd say its more like 20% of gay/bi adult males that don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭LGiamani

If this is a little too racy for boards, I am very sorry for posting and close away!

Dont know if this has been talked about or asked (although i'm sure it has) but I have been having sex for a long time and I do enjoy all the things we do except for the, ahh hmm, anal part.
    Now I have been bottom a good few times and always enjoy it when its happening but when I am just thinking about it or about to do it, all i think about is how horrible it is too do and painfull (even though its not really).
    Its the same with being top, when I top I do enjoy it (although I am a little more bttm) but it also just freaks me out a little bit.
    When I talk to other guys about it they either say love it either or.
    But then there are the very few guys who say they dont like either and they just enjoy the other stuff that we do. I think I am in this catagory.
    I do find some guys except you to do it if they are only top.

How do you guys feel about being bottom? Does it freak you out a little?

Always use a rubber!!!! :-)

Each one to themselves but anal is pretty sore. I would let a guy on me unless the relationship had substance. My current relationship has only started in the last few months and we not had anal sex yet. He is a top and i'm a bottom but i made it clear that if he wanted anal sex the relationship would have to be stronger. I a shy type and do'nt take to every guy I met but there are good guys out there who are attentive and caring but you need to find them first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Have to admit that anal does not appeal to me. Like Dwn Wth Vwls said, it's just one of many things you can do with a partner. Some like it and some don't. I fall into the latter category. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well guys ive been a btm for last few occasions and i have to say it does hurt even using lube i dont think it should its not too bad when the top takes it real slow maybe i should try being a top and see whats its like

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whiteblueman

Sounds good - i'd love to try it either way. Dying to get pumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Love it.. have never thought of it as gross. (although.. I've always thought of the idea of intercourse with a female absolutely revolting... I'd cut it off before that would happen.)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I consider myself a straight guy but experimented some years ago and i have to say i loved being bottom. Wasn't great first time but with the right person taking care and attention i was amazed how great it was. I didn't really enjoy being top at all.

• Advertisement

fun_times wrote: »
    I consider myself a straight guy but experimented some years ago and i have to say i loved being bottom. Wasn't great first time but with the right person taking care and attention i was amazed how great it was. I didn't really enjoy being top at all.

Face it your gay. no straight guy will be a bottom. I would even be suspicious if a "straight" guy was a top. No point in complecating things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭GalwayGuy92

LGiamani wrote: »
    Face it your gay. no straight guy will be a bottom. I would even be suspicious if a "straight" guy was a top. No point in complecating things

Just because it doesn't happen often does not mean it never happens. Lots of straight guys enjoy anal stimulation this guy just happened to try it with a guy!
    If a gay man doesn't like anal sex it doesn't make him straight, nor does experimenting with a woman, which I have been prone to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

What a close minded attitude!Maybe if you studied a little human anatomy you might be able to expand your mind a little bit and understand why anal sex would appeal to straight guys, as it also does to a lot of straight women or does your rational mean that women who like anal are actually gay men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

fun_times wrote: »

A guy who has sex with another guy is NOT straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

stephen_n wrote: »
    What a close minded attitude!Maybe if you studied a little human anatomy you might be able to expand your mind a little bit and understand why anal sex would appeal to straight guys, as it also does to a lot of straight women or does your rational mean that women who like anal are actually gay men?

I take your point but if a straight guy has anal whether with another guy or with a toy is either bisexual or gay. The optimum is with another guy and you are submitting to another guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

By your reasoning, a straight guy who likes being pegged by his girlfriend is also gay. Anon poster has clearly discovered that he likes having the prostate hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,705 ✭✭✭✭L1011

oisindoyle wrote: »

This is clearly true, but there are people who don't consider themselves gay (or indeed bisexual) due to diassociation with the stereotypes of being gay.

I know someone who'd admit to prefering sex with men over sex with women, but doesn't see himself as bi even; he doesn't in any way "comply" with the "gay lifestyle" (neither do I, really!), has a girlfriend and intends to eventually marry a woman and have kids. Could be the anon poster for all I know!

MYOB wrote: »
    This is clearly true, but there are people who don't consider themselves gay (or indeed bisexual) due to diassociation with the stereotypes of being gay.

I know someone who'd admit to prefering sex with men over sex with women, but doesn't see himself as bi even; he doesn't in any way "comply" with the "gay lifestyle" (neither do I, really!), has a girlfriend and intends to eventually marry a woman and have kids. Could be the anon poster for all I know!

This guy is fooling himself. He prefers sex with men than women and he going to have kids. This is a reciept for disaster. He is a hipocrit.

By your reasoning, a straight guy who likes being pegged by his girlfriend is also gay. Anon poster has clearly discovered that he likes having the prostate hit.

By his own hand or by a male penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Funny how girls get away with "experimental" years and guys don't...

• Advertisement

Funny how girls get away with "experimental" years and guys don't...

There are whats known as P**** teasers

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Well this thread certainly devolved pretty quickly into a bunch of judgemental narrow-minded ridiculous tripe.

Anal stimulation has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. It doesn't even have to have anything to do with the prostate, hence why women can enjoy it. Stimulating a particular set of nerves in your body can't decide your orientation for you and suggesting that anal penetration of any kind makes you bi/gay is farcical.

Telling someone that they're not straight just because they experimented is also ridiculous. They were curious, they had unanswered questions, they tried things out and found it wasn't for them. Experiences don't have to decide your sexuality for you, your attractions can do that. Would you prefer they just bottled up their curiosity and became angry homophobes instead?

Tolerance and respect work both ways. If you expect straight people to be accepting of bisexuality and homosexuality, then you should do them the courtesy of accepting their heterosexuality. Even if it isn't the magical 100% untarnished flawless heterosexuality you seem to expect.

I think a guy who calls himself straight has every right to do so and you would be screaming blue murder if someone said that you are not what ever it is you choose to define yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't see why everyone has to rush in and say this person has to be labelled as gay or not straight

The medical profession even recognises that there are men who define themselves as straight but have sex with men and has a term called Men who have sex with men (MSM) -

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

*revelation*
    so if i go have sex with a woman i'll be straight?! :D

*runs off into the distance looking for a woman*

This thread is changing course very quickly. Its gone from men who enjoy anal stinulation to men who are not bi or gay who have sex with toys or other guys. Sex is more than the physical act. Before the physical act happens there is so much physological and emotional stimulation going on. Straight guys by nature love women their appearance the personality and the enjoyment of the relationship whether it be purly platonic or teasing the boys every chance they get. That the foundation of hetrosexual relations. Gay men by nature love men. They stimulalate each other in many ways physically phylogically and emotionally and that the nature of the homosexual relationship. When you say straight guys like anal stimulation by means of dildo's or other males and go on to get married and have a family I find it complicated and if I was a women I rather the straight guy who gets all the norturing he needs from the women. He has to give back to the relationship to get out and with the hetrosexual relationship. A guy who needs anal stimulation is selfish and will never fullfill the hetrosexual relationship if he resorts to anal stimulation. As a gay man I love men but am not a big fan of anal stimulation and only engage in it with guys I've known to be of decent morale who do'nt use it as a means of self satification. There are great gay relationships who last through thick and thin on this philospohy and are not out for their own good at the expense of anothers emotional wellbeing

This thread is changing course very quickly. Its gone from men who enjoy anal stinulation to men who are not bi or gay who have sex with toys or other guys. Sex is more than the physical act. Before the physical act happens there is so much physological and emotional stimulation going on. Straight guys by nature love women their appearance the personality and the enjoyment of the relationship whether it be purly platonic or teasing the boys every chance they get. That the foundation of hetrosexual relations. Gay men by nature love men. They stimulalate each other in many ways physically phylogically and emotionally and that the nature of the homosexual relationship. When you say straight guys like anal stimulation by means of dildo's or other males and go on to get married and have a family I find it complicated and if I was a women I rather the straight guy who gets all the norturing he needs from the women. He has to give back to the relationship to get out and with the hetrosexual relationship. A guy who needs anal stimulation is selfish and will never fullfill the hetrosexual relationship if he resorts to anal stimulation. As a gay man I love men but am not a big fan of anal stimulation and only engage in it with guys I've known to be of decent morale who do'nt use it as a means of self satification. There are great gay relationships who last through thick and thin on this philospohy and are not out for their own good at the expense of anothers emotional wellbeing

That is heavily titled towards your personal view though and not taking into account that for a lot of men both gay, straight and bi, sex as a stand alone act with no strong emotional or psychological and in some cases physical bond is very attractive. There is also the whole area of fetishism which would bring a strong sense of pleasure to the anal area from a psychological imprint more often than not with no conscious recognition form the person involved. Like it or not sex is a drive that is hard wired into us all and is a completely separate issue than sexuality and object choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

No, that's not true. You're confusing being capable of enjoying sex with a guy with being DRAWN TO having sex with a guy. There's a big difference between making an intellectual choice to try something.. and having a deep-seated NEED for it.
    That particular poster tried it.. found it it feels good, but doesn't look at another guy & think "Damn! I want him up my butt!" (apparently he doesn't think "Damn! I'd like to bend him over!" either.)

He might be somewhere in the range of "bi" on the Kinsey scale.. but could very well be near enough to the "straight" end of things that it's very natural for him to live a straight lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dave_24irl

MYOB wrote: »

Is he openly bisexual? Or did he confide this just in you? I assume you are gaybi and he felt he could tell you this. I feel sorry for the guy to be honest he sounds really far in the closet. What age is he?

• Advertisement

Before the physical act happens there is so much physological and emotional stimulation going on.
    LMAO! :D
    That's some classical satire right there. *wipes away tear from laughing so hard*

No, you do not need to be emotionally or even physically attracted to a guy to enjoy having your prostate stimulated by a penis or other device. Hell sometimes I get a boner when all I need to do is a poo :pac:

Advertisement