Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about toilet training

Options
  • 25-08-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question but an important one for me. We hope to have a pup soon enough and had a question. The dog would be with my Mam during the day in my Grandparents house from about 9-4 and I was wondering when we train the dog to go outside to the toilet in their house, then when he comes home will he go outside automatically or do I need to train the dog for seperate houses. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

Personally I would probably train the pup in all houses during the initial training period.
    If an animal is being trained to do something in one environment, how is it to know it is to do the same thing in another environment, in the early stages anyways. It would help, in my opinion, to train in all environments and as the training progress, the pup will soon come to associate toilet time with being outside.

Good luck with new puppy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I wouldn't train the dog to go outside, I'd train it to go in a specific place outside, so there would be a toilet area at both houses, so no confusion for the pup.

Advertisement