Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to hold a monthly meeting in the city

• 25-08-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere with a private room to hold a monthly meeting for 14 people? We are ideally looking for somewhere that is convenient with free parking and that's not too expensive.
    Anyone know of community centres that rent rooms for meetings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

Don't know if community centre’s rent rooms. I do know that the Ramada hotel on the cork road have fairly small rooms just off the reception area that they rent. The have the large boardroom tables and typically seat 14 to 20 I’d say. Don't know the cost though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I think the Roanmore Center might do it, the father used to hold an Irish class up there for about that size of a crowd. Although that was a couple of years ago. Still might be worth a call though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The Edmund Rice Heritage Centre has a number of rooms at very good hire rates: http://www.edmundrice.ie/room_hire.html

You could also try Days Hotel (formerly the Bridge Hotel) - they have a few different rooms available, and as far as I know you would get free parking in the Aldi car park, as that is owned by the owners of Days Hotel. http://www.dayshotelwaterford.com/conference.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

how about the oak room in the munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Thanks for all the replies lads, I'll make a few calls tomorrow to all that were suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

There's a quite nice room up in the Cheshire home (John's hill) available for meetings. I've been to both the Philosophy and Meditation meetings there in the past and it's very suitable with free parking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv held several meetings in The Granville Hotel and on one occasion had food and champagne as part of the package - found them very reasonable and very good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Butler Centre..10 euro for a big room for an hour i think..might not be what you were thinking but loads of parking etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Children's Group Link, across from the Hyper centre, have rooms available for meetings also. Not sure how much they charge though.

http://www.childrensgrouplink.ie/?goal=contents&mode=other_facilities

http://www.childrensgrouplink.ie/?goal=gallery_list&cat_id=23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

There's a community room in the Ardkeen Stores complex, next to Supermacs (Dunmore Road). They rent out rooms, but have no idea about their rates.

• Advertisement

Fishy1 wrote: »
    There's a community room in the Ardkeen Stores complex, next to Supermacs (Dunmore Road). They rent out rooms, but have no idea about their rates.

I have just emailed them for info. Thanks:)

snuggles09 wrote: »
    Butler Centre..10 euro for a big room for an hour i think..might not be what you were thinking but loads of parking etc

Just emailed the Butler centre also. Thanks:)

Thanks again for all your responses. I have sent emails and made calls to a few of them.

Advertisement