Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB issue

Options
  • 25-08-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I'm having a major issue with the ESB. I moved out of a flat in May 2009 only to find out in September of that year that they had been charging me the "standing charge" for those 5 months. My account was not closed in May but in September when new tenants moved into my previous address.

The ESB are adamant that I didn't ring them. But I did. I remember the date, I know I rang them around lunchtime and I was speaking to a male. I didn't get a name though. As far as they're concerned I didn't tell them I moved and as far as I'm concerned I'm having to pay for their mistake.

I can't think of a way to prove I rang them. From now on I will personally record any important dealings with companies so I will have proof but it's too late for this case. Am I wasting my time fighting this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Talk to your phone provider & see if you can get a copy of your phone records from that period, at least you'd be bale to prove you called them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thanks John, that's an idea I'll have to look into. My phone isn't a bill phone so that might be a problem. But I'll get onto 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

They should still have call records

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to ESB Customer Supply

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi MistyCheese,

I appreciate that you may have been in touch with us already to discuss this, but if you would PM me your account details, I will look into the matter for you.

Just as a general note, there is a set minimum of information we would require before closing an account for a customer, details of which can be found here. In some cases, accounts are left open if this information is not provided.

However, if it turns out that human error was indeed the culprit on our end, I will do my best to have the issue satisfactorily resolved for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement