Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign on Monread Road

Options
  • 25-08-2010 5:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

What you make of the sign that reads, "Rumours are bullsh1t, we are staying open". I'm not going to mention the shop, but it's between The Globe retail park, and the new tesco site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Sounds a lot like someone wants to let people know they are staying open if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

The usual rumour mill crap that got out of control. Auld ones with nothing better to do except cause mischief. Or possibly an irate customer.

Ted Johnsons themselves went public on it to dispel the rumours. They have categorically denied there is any truth in it and have moved to reassure bith customers & suppliers that it is just malicious gossip.

And with Tesco's opening soon beside them, I'd expect they'll get busier!

Great store btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I was actually in Johnsons for the first time ever last week and I was amazed at how good a shop it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I was wondering about that sign too, thanks for clearing it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

They had a great sign up when all the headshops were being closed down. 'Problems with getting your weed sorted? We can help!' Or something similar..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Ted Johnsons are a local business and a great one. They don't rip you off and run some fantastic deals all year long. The gossip is hopefully wrong and long may TJs continue. I recommend a visit and Im not connected with them, just a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Johnson's signs brighten my journey to work every morning, great to see a retailer with a sense of humour in such dark and dismal days! They run a great and honest trade and though I'd disagree and say that on occasion they can be slightly steep price wise, having suffered at the hands of Woodies and B&Q at the rare times I need DIY materials, would always return to Johnson's for customer service alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

where else can you get a bolt with a imperial thread . Mad prices on some things Ok on others. They have great sale prices on proper tools.

I heard they where closing a few weeks ago. Glad it was BS.

Advertisement