Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum € Sendable in Registered Post?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I tried to find out on the an post website, but all they talked about was weight.

Is there a maximum amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

An Post recommends that you do not send cash by post. Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

stainluss wrote: »
    I tried to find out on the an post website, but all they talked about was weight.

Is there a maximum amount?

you could send a million in a box ,but if it doesnt arrive theres no comebacks

I think the OP is referring to registered post, where you can enter a value of the letter/parcel you are sending (which I believe can be claimed back if it disappears).

The value you place on the envelope affects the cost of sending it, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€1270 is the insurable limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is western union not an option OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

aske reciever for his bank details and pay into that

its easy and there are no additional costs involved like postal insurance or westernunion fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't know if they still have it, but last year when I was doing online selling + buying, An Post had a cash postal system, insured up to the value of €300 which was basically a registered post for cash only.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Haddockman wrote: »
    €1270 is the insurable limit.
    Jaysus, they're still clinging onto the auld punt...

Advertisement