Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

another fine job done Mary Harney and D Ahern!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Your first sentence is true to an extent, but I know for a fact that a lot of cocaine gets cut with heroin or speed as it's far cheaper for dealers to source than cocaine. You'd be surprised at exactly how much is used sometimes.
    No. It gets cut with dental anaesthetics, creatine and the likes. They could be selling the speed and heroin.
    I thought you said you were a junkie.You're not too well up on the jargon.What pills are you hooked on tell me.And how long for.And who was the nasty man that got you on them?

Obviously we're talking rx here so I guess you must be stealing prescription pads and robbing surgeries and dispensaries.Or is you GP an 'evil' doctor who keeps you hooked.Stick his name up there with a scan of your latest rx, and I promise you he will be investigated thoroughly and most likely be off the registrar.

Then we can get you on the road to recovery.
    Benzos of some kind IIRC. And I think he's getting them prescribed legitimately .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Terry wrote: »
    Hmm. A natural act between two people and the unnatural act of inhaling smoke from a burning plant. I can see the correlation there. <insert several roll eye emoticons to denote sarcasm/>
    Unless you're telling me that sex between two people of the same gender is not natural, I fail to see what you are getting at here.
    Smoking weed is no more or less natural than gay sex. A pathetic attempt at derailing my argument tbh. I'm wondering do actually not get my point or do you just get enjoyment from these debates?

No, it's not wise at all. It is also wise to condemn the use.
    The chance of overdosing or having a psychotic episode on the majority of illegal drugs is very high. You only need to look at amount of people who end up in A&E through alcohol related crap to see that legalising other drugs would just lead to a massive increase in the already overpacked waiting rooms.
    This is completely beside the point, but i dissagree. First of all drugs could be made far safer if legal and second of all you seem to underestimate how easy it is for people to get drugs these days.
    I'm not denying that there are people who are capable of using certain drugs without dire consequences, but the majority of people on this planet are self-indulgent idiots, and they need legislation to prevent them from killing themselves.
    You're not getting my point. My point is that morality has nothing to do with the law. Over the centuries many societies have tolerated immoral acts aswell as severely punishing acts which we would not see as immoral today. If you want to explain why we shouldn't take drugs, you'll have to do better than "because they're illegal".

I'd question the reasoning of people living in tornado alley in the U.S., or those living on the coast in Southern California. I actually have done in the past. The answer is usually that they live there due to economic reasons. You can't really argue against that.
    However, comparing people who live in areas likely to be flooded or blown away by hurricanes is not even close to those who choose to consume illegal drugs. Why you would even think there is a comparison is beyond my comprehension.
    The comparison is that they both involve expecting people to take into account risks that are completely unknown to them. I was taking your logic and applying it to an extreme scenario to see if it still holds. If it doesn't then either you're leaving something out of the equation or it's simply faulty logic.
    Buying crap from a scumbag and then later calling his other customers "scumbags" never fails to make me laugh.

Anyone who uses the word "scumbag" makes me laugh :pac:. I know some people try and apply to word to middle-class people (such as bankers/politicians), but in reality the word "scumbag" is only used to refer to people of low socioeconomic background. If you want to use words that descirbe amoral people go ahead..... But if you decide to use a word that aswell as describing someone's character also draws attention to their background, then it just shows you're a little bit of a snob deep down inside :D.
    As for the Germans who got lead poisoning from buying illegal products, they really shouldn't have broken the law.

Legality has nothing to do with morality. Try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Pace2008 wrote: »
    No. It gets cut with dental anaesthetics, creatine and the likes. They could be selling the speed and heroin.

Benzos of some kind IIRC. And I think he's getting them prescribed legitimately .

So his GP is prescribing drugs to an addict and alcoholic.Any idea of how dangerous that is, not to mention unethical and un lawful.And this guy is worried that stoners are breaking the law.I'd LOL but I'm 100% sure that this Terry is full of BS.

I'm still waiting for his response.

So his GP is prescribing drugs to an addict and alcoholic.Any idea of how dangerous that is, not to mention unethical and un lawful.And this guy is worried that stoners are breaking the law.I'd LOL but I'm 100% sure that this Terry is full of BS.

I'm still waiting for his response.
    He seems to be offline, and you might be better off PMing someone about drug addiction since it's a kinda personal topic.

Should any of you wish to indulge in the consumption of illegal drugs, then do so at your own peril. You are just being foolish. I can't stop you and nor can anyone else.
    Just remember that you will be taking a massive risk with your health.
    Yup, that's it, open and shut. The world exists in black and white with nothing in between, and all illegal drug users are ignorant, naive, self-righteous **** who have no idea what's in store for them, having never suffered an addiction of any kind - not for long though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I think this is a lie.You are a junkie and an alcoholic?And a Boards.ie moderator who spends a lot of time on the web?Already you are nothing like any of the junkies or alcos I know.

Who pays for your broadband?I mean,being a fulltime junkie and alcoholic you obviously don't have a job......... or at least you won't when you tell us what and where your job is.How long have you been deceiving your employers?

How long have you been a junkie?And an alcoholic?At 17 years old you were relying on others to provide cannabis which you couldn't even handle a puff off.

You are in here pontificating to us all about breaking the law.If you are what you say you are you have broken it more than most of us, so what gives you the authority to lecture us on that which you violate

So tell me Terry, when you run out of sugar what do you go for and where do you get it.Do you even know what I'm on about?I doubt it

I think what's really going on here is you've taken an absolute pasting in this thread and are trying to spoof us now to cover up................... and I'm calling you out on it.I think it's BS.Anyone else in here smell it?
    I'm self employed.
    At 17 I had all but given up smoking weed, but just happened to meet a friend that night.
    As for sugar, I have diabetes :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055054940

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Bit late to throw this into the topic I suppose but might as well.

Before I do, I don't want the anti-drug brigade giving me a lecture on "drugs are bad", I know they are, but I enjoy them so fúck off please.

I said many a time before the ban came in, in many of these headshop debates that this would happen if they were banned. People like myself, who like the headshop products, would end up taking our business to the local scumbag drug dealer which the government spends millions a year of taxpayers money on attempting to combat. Instead of this option, they could have kept these products legal and regulated which would then have led to government making an income on these products rather than a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hmm. A natural act between two people and the unnatural act of inhaling smoke from a burning plant. I can see the correlation there. <insert several roll eye emoticons to denote sarcasm/>

Suppose you'll lump eating cookies or brownies into the unnatural acts as well.
    Keep digging....... you're nearly in Asia, home of cannabis.

RMD wrote: »
    Bit late to throw this into the topic I suppose but might as well.

Before I do, I don't want the anti-drug brigade giving me a lecture on "drugs are bad", I know they are, but I enjoy them so fúck off please.

I said many a time before the ban came in, in many of these headshop debates that this would happen if they were banned. People like myself, who like the headshop products, would end up taking our business to the local scumbag drug dealer which the government spends millions a year of taxpayers money on attempting to combat. Instead of this option, they could have kept these products legal and regulated which would then have led to government making an income on these products rather than a loss.

But the Elliot Ness/ Barry Galvin approach is the only proven way.Don't even get them for drugs, get em on tax evasion.As long as they don't set up a front to pay tax on discernible assets, we have em.
    It's what has kept Ireland drug free since the late 80s.Why change course now?You don't see the yanks just ditching the War on Drugs, do you?If we don't do this ,mark my words, the young people of Ireland will be doing drugs.................................... DRUGS !!!!!!!!!!!......... Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!
    ............. I've read 'Go Ask Alice'......... I know what can happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

We could argue this all night, so I'll just point out now that I'm always right.

Should any of you wish to indulge in the consumption of illegal drugs, then do so at your own peril. You are just being foolish. I can't stop you and nor can anyone else.

I'd offer you all some of the pills I'm addicted to, but they have a tendency to destroy your kidneys and **** with your short term memory. Not that this would stop some of you. After all, you're all only doing it short term and are immune to addiction.

What drugs do you take, Terry?
    A few pints? Nice g+t? Maybe you've had the odd tranquiliser or anti-depressant in your time from your legal dealer doctor. Ever had a major operation? You might well have had diamorphine as a painkiller. (Street name, heroin.) What about some dentistry? Novocaine, jabbed straight into your jaw there.
    When you can start explaining why two of the most dangerous drugs to human health and society (Lancet study, 2007 - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/ ) should remain legal while much more benign substances should not, I'll start listening to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

kylith wrote: »
    I don't recall anyone saying they were safe, just safer when legal.

They were made illegal overnight, and some headshops decided to sell their stock to dealers rather than take the financial loss. The dealers are now cutting them with who knows what or using them as filler with other substances without knowing how one drug will effect the other.

but doesnt that mean that they will eventually run out of the stock they got from the headshops?

What drugs do you take, Terry?
    A few pints? Nice g+t? Maybe you've had the odd tranquiliser or anti-depressant in your time from your legal dealer doctor. Ever had a major operation? You might well have had diamorphine as a painkiller. (Street name, heroin.) What about some dentistry? Novocaine, jabbed straight into your jaw there.
    When you can start explaining why two of the most dangerous drugs to human health and society (Lancet study, 2007 - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/ ) should remain legal while much more benign substances should not, I'll start listening to you.

That's the question a lot of people have been asking for a long time.It's never been answered because much like the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa........... nobody knows.
    Terry won't be able to explain it.He's just nipped down to the Oliver Bond to score some smack.Then he's going to be out of it for days, like Mark Renton.HARDCORE................ you don't wanna go there.

Bob Z wrote: »
    but doesnt that mean that they will eventually run out of the stock they got from the headshops?

As long as they don't know any shady Chinese dudes,that's a likely outcome.But hey ,if you can't get it in China it probably doesn't exist any more.Or else it's in Tijuana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

I'm self employed.
    At 17 I had all but given up smoking weed, but just happened to meet a friend that night.
    As for sugar, I have diabetes :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055054940

I didn't read all of your post, it's a long one, but it would seem your'e at the extreme end of the spectrum and that perhaps the experiences of those around you are also closer to that end.

At the other end of the spectrum you have those making, applying and supporting the laws, who have never taken any drugs and I think it's unfair for those people to be making decisions for everyone else and unbalancing society as a result, imo, based on the experiences of those who form the other extreme.

This unbalance results in rediverting of much needed resources, criminalisation of swathes of the population, creation of false markets which lead to the gangsterisation, shootings etc.

Much better to tackle the root causes of drug abuse. The slums or ghettoisation that have/has existed since the time of the British occupation, for example.

That said I wish you luck in tackling your own problems and I hope you cure our own addictions. For what it's worth, I found meditation to be very valuable in my own case, helping with the anxiety, depression and dealing with the childhood causes of those problems. I was able to move away from drug abuse and found a more moderate path. It may be of some use to you or you may find some other way.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

We could argue this all night, so I'll just point out now that I'm always right.

Oh me too!
    Terry wrote:

My health isn't my main concern when it comes to any drugs I choose to take. My continuing liberty, my good standing and good name, and my freedom to travel to other nations are all at risk too, and as such I'd fear for them more than my health.
    Those who say that drugs injure mental health....well I'd argue that unemployment, and the lack of structure to your life it leaves you with is far far more damaging to someone (and society in general) than the effects of almost any recreational drug you care to name...and yet we have no minister for Unemployment (nor any coherent strategy on how to deal with it)...but we DO have a minister for drugs and a non coherent policy on how to deal with those...
    Way to get those priorities straight Brian...
    Terry wrote:
    I'd offer you all some of the pills I'm addicted to, but they have a tendency to destroy your kidneys and **** with your short term memory. Not that this would stop some of you. After all, you're all only doing it short term and are immune to addiction.

No-one is immune to addiction...that incudes you.
    Benzo addiction is harder to kick than crack. You can shove the pills up your arse :pac:

Nah seriously, get some help with that...I mean it.

BTW I don't do drugs short term...about half my life at this stage. Almost definitely dependent on weed...not cold turkey, stab you for my next joint dependent, more like security blanket, don't want to be sober all the time dependent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In before "she's not bad looking for a fat bird".
    ;-) Not a great look for a minister for health though, that Hairy Marnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I do hope nobody here is seriously waiting for a sensible policy on drugs from the government.
    By the way, making some drugs legal isn't always the answer, like for instance if cannabis was made legal the government would be pretty quick to slap a tax on it, making it far more expensive and driving it underground again.

Advertisement