Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting new post - sometimes not showing after posting

Options
  • 25-08-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

I have noticed on a couple of occasions now that after hitting submit on a post I am then taken to the page as it was before I posted in the thread. A quick refresh shows my post so it's not that my post has not gone through - unless there is a few seconds delay or something :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Oh this happens to me too at times. I had just presumed it was my laptop acting up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've seen that the odd time too. Maybe once every couple of months. I'd say its as much some caching issue on my end?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

noticed a couple of times especially in Groups or Visitor messages. F5 does the trick though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ive noticed it too, as if the post is taking longer to write to the page than the server sends you a page refresh. never happens with quickpost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

been happening a lot recently. I'd say at least 1/10 of my post in the last week have had this happen. Never an issue before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Most of my recent posts are doing this as well. Have to reload the page for them to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I have only noticed this since the software upgrade earlier in the week which is why I posted it up here (May be a complete coincidence of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've seen it increasingly too.

Also, if you post in a thread with a poll, then click back into the forum, the thread is still in bold and your post shows up as the newest post, as if you haven't already read it. But it's been like that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Happens once a week to me at least.

Never bothered me as i would just refresh the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

taken to all new levels of strange if it happens when you post a new thread:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just happened to me there a few minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Overheal wrote: »
    taken to all new levels of strange if it happens when you post a new thread:

shockin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yup happening to me too only recently though.

I'm also having trouble while loggin in. I load boards.ie and then click on a forum and all of a sudden it signs me in (even though I didn't type any details and never have it on remember me) but signs me in to maybe the second last time I logged on so all the new posts are gone....odd.

Eventually signing in and out few times and clicking different forums it sorts itself right.

Des wrote: »
    I've seen it increasingly too.

Also, if you post in a thread with a poll, then click back into the forum, the thread is still in bold and your post shows up as the newest post, as if you haven't already read it. But it's been like that for years.

Not even if you post a thread with a poll. It's happening even if I just post in regular threads.
    That has happened before but lately it's all of these things!

Advertisement