Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Money Coin Bags - Quantities

Options
  • 25-08-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I don't have one to hand but here's an odd question. On an Irish Bank Plastic Money bag, what quantites are placed per value? I think a bag of 1 cents is 1 Euro, A Bag of 2 Cents is a Euro but the rest I don't have to hand. Anyone able to find me a link or know themselves?

Also, are notes done in a similar fashion?

Thanks!

ironclaw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

€50 in €2
    €25 in €1 or 50c
    €10 in 20c or 10c
    €5 in 5c
    €2 in 2c
    €1 in 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thank you very much! Is it a standard or can different banks do it differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

ironclaw wrote: »
    Thank you very much! Is it a standard or can different banks do it differently?

Standard surely...

Bank of Ireland and AIB certainly use this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Standard. It's all done by weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Notes

€500 in €5
    €1000 in €10
    €2000 in €20
    and guess what ... :D
    €5000 in €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 savagecabage

heres the weights of the smaller coins, for all the people like myself who rather be doing more exciting things with their evening than counting out jars of spare change.

285g €10 in 20c
    369g €10 in 10c

392g €5 in 5c

305g €2 in 2c
    459g €1 in 1c

im not 100% sure how accurate my weighing scales is though, they seemed to vary each time... but only by 1g more or 1g less. so do a quick count before you bag them up just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciaranamhain

Thanks savaagecabbage, you might want to check your 10c again, should be about 410g cheers.

Advertisement