Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

puncture

• 25-08-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    rear wheel was flat this morning. Bike is at my house. What's the best way of getting it fixed (don't really want to remove the back wheel myself). What are my options. I live in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Have you not got breakdown assistance on your policy? Thought they all had that now.

That's what I used, just make sure the person on the end of the line understands it's a bike not a car. They may send a different van man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

no, quinn direct 3rd party fire and theft. Bikes at my house, so only problem is getting it fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

You could try Tyre Weld, which is a temporary puncture repair and might last long enough to get you to your usual mechanic?

Link to the product itself (think Halfords also do their own brand)

http://www.holtsauto.com/products/group/repair-and-maintenance/tyre-repair

cheers, I'll give that a whirl

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Many car tire/puncture repair garages will plug a motorbike puncture.

As a preventative measure you can get a fluid stuff (which names escapes me) that you pump into your wheel via the valve that offers extra protection against punctures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

I used this kit the last time I got a puncture:

http://www.bustersclassic.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=561470

No complaints.

But personally I change the tyre if I do get a puncture, I fairly move so prefer to have a tyre I'm 100% happy with, just in case.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There used to be a great mobile bike mechanic in a van working around Dublin,he used to do tyres,pads etc etc.I don't think he is doing it anymore,cant think of the name of the company for the life of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Dub13 wrote: »
    There used to be a great mobile bike mechanic in a van working around Dublin,he used to do tyres,pads etc etc.I don't think he is doing it anymore,cant think of the name of the company for the life of me.

Was it the BikeTyreCompany? Went searching for this guy last week and looks like he is gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Was it the BikeTyreCompany? Went searching for this guy last week and looks like he is gone.

Yea that was the company,its a shame they are gone as it was a great service I got new tyres done in jobs car park.

thanks for all the replies. Got tyre weld in the end in halfords for 10 bananas. Have a card in my wallet from RAPID recovery but just don't wanna have to spend the dosh on a recovery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement