Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 the final straw

Options
  • 25-08-2010 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I was always a massive Fifa fan. IMO Fifa 09 was the best game they every produced. Like most people, I wasn't so keen on Fifa 10 in the begining but I stuck with it and have played it for the past year.

However,I fear my experience with Fifa 10 has turned me off Fifa games for good. I had a fairly good online record (approx 65%) but I have rarely felt a sense of achievement when winning games. The main reason for this is because I firmly believe that the player doesn't have as much control over wins/loses as they think. In some games I get the feeling I am being carried along by an unseen hand. I know from the first few passes if my team will win or lose. Its no fun.

I have come to this conclusion after analysing my records and those of my friends. It seems that approx 1 in every 3 or 4 games you get what I have dubbed a "retarded selection." (even though the connection is perfect)That is, your team is far from responsive, your players are sluggish, your passing is sh1t, your star striker hits the post an unrealistic number of times (in one game Milito hit the post a staggering 18 times!:rolleyes:), and the referee is constantly getting in the way of passes. In such games its not uncommon for the opposition to hit a long ball up the pitch ( your centre back falls over or stands still), and score. At first I thought it was an unsual occurrence, but after a year of playing I have noticed the same pattern.

As a result I have won games that I should have been hammered in, and I have lost games that I should have won. Sure this happens in real life, but not to the same extent. I notice when I am playing against a "retarded selection", and tbh when I win I get no sense of joy because I know the victory had nothing to do with my skill, but had everything to do with Fifa 10s bugs.

In my opinion, Fifa 09 wasn't perfect but at least 85% of the time the best player won. In fifa 10 the best player wins about 65% of the time.

I don't know how many times I've lost games after having 60% possession, 20 shots ( at least 5 posts), while my opponent had one shot... Its laughable. Similarly I have won matches in the same manner.

Fifa 11 has a lot to fix, however, I think EA has made the decision to appeal to the masses as opposed to the minority of decent Fifa players. If they spent less time on the stupid and pointless celebrations, they may have a chance of improving the diabolical gameplay.

Just curious, has anybody else noticed the "retarded games"? Not the games with lag, but the games with perfect connection that for some reason give you a well below average team?

Advertisement