Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fast?

• 25-08-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before. On my phone so hard to search.

Basically I have 3 Mobile Broadband at the moment and it is terribly slow. Looking to get Eircom broadband in but I can only afford the lowest/slowest package. Think it's 1MB? My boyfriend and I will be using it at the same time and we both stream a lot of videos and tv shows. Does anyone know if the 1MB will be fast enough or will it be any different from the mobile broadband?

Basically, how fast is it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

AFAIK, a 1 MB line has a maximum of 125 kb/s download speed. You probably won't get it to download at the maximum. With 2 people sharing, 125 kb/s isn't going to get you very far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Would the 3MB suit our needs better or is it any faster at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Depends on your line attenuation which an eircom tech should be able to help you with. But at optimum performance, 3 MB is 3x faster than 1MB i.e. 375 kb/s which is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Great, thanks!

Advertisement