Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What'd be the best 460 I can get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I won't be able to sell it for the price I got it for, that's why I want a refund :)

I could send it on to Sapphire, but then I have to pay for posting to Hong Kong.

My dad has confirmed I can get the 460 before he even gets the refund in his bank account, YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

To get back on topic I went with this one myself:

ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU/2DI/1GD5, 1GB DDR5, PCI-Express
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=37465&agid=707

CombatCow wrote: »
    To get back on topic I went with this one myself:

ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU/2DI/1GD5, 1GB DDR5, PCI-Express
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=37465&agid=707

Nice, €3 more than the Gigabyte one, I'd take that one, but the €30 shipping is too much when I can grab the GB one for about €15 shpping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Just stuck this in the bargain bin

A tenner more that your HWVS 1GB card, and you get a Palit with 2GB of happiness.

On that note... I'm thinking of grabbing one of these myself, but I'm just wondering if there'll be any problems dropping it into a p965 / C2D e6600 system from 2007. Any chance of a big bottleneck? That CPU has ran like a dream so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

^ And that thing's got a wee 25MHz OC :D

The Gigabyte 1GB is impressive - under €200 on Pix and with a 40MHz OC on it to boot :D I know its not much, but its the thought that counts! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Honestly, who cares what the stock overclock is? It's always going to be minimal, and it's always going to mean a moderate price increase. Just buy something near Nvidia stock speeds with a good cooler and OC the **** out of it. Palit and Gainward seem to have ok coolers on theirs right now. Can't find a 'Goes Like Hell' in the irish stores, but I think this thing beats them lol

Solitaire wrote: »
    ^ And that thing's got a wee 25MHz OC :D

The Gigabyte 1GB is impressive - under €200 on Pix and with a 40MHz OC on it to boot :D I know its not much, but its the thought that counts! :p

Which site do you prefer? Ebuyer or Pix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I won't be able to sell it for the price I got it for, that's why I want a refund :)

I could send it on to Sapphire, but then I have to pay for posting to Hong Kong.

Only has to go to England if its a Sapphire card IIRC

Hmm, well I'm going to send it on to Komplett anyway, at least then I have a slim chance of a refund.

If I get back the same card I'll send it on to Sapphire.

• Advertisement

I've decided, I'm going to RMA it to Komplett and order the 460 on the same day, so I'll only have a few days without a Graphcis Card.

Also, UPS shipping with the Gigabyte 460 OC is only €1 more than Standard!

EDIT: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6573813/art/gigabyte/geforce-gtx-460-1024-mb-g.html

This one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I've decided, I'm going to RMA it to Komplett and order the 460 on the same day, so I'll only have a few days without a Graphcis Card.

Also, UPS shipping with the Gigabyte 460 OC is only €1 more than Standard!

Your dad is not going to be happy when no refund comes about and already paid for the replacement!

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Your dad is not going to be happy when no refund comes about and already paid for the replacement!

Hey, even if I get a replacement and sell it he'll be happy, as long as he gets his money back sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hey, even if I get a replacement and sell it he'll be happy, as long as he gets his money back sometime :)

Your going to be on gardening duty for the rest of the year paying off the difference :pac:

Wouldn't mind if that happened, I like going on the Lawn Mower :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-029-PV only 15 quid more and you can flash the bios to a 470 plus you get a free game might be worth looking at

here,s a guide http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/745228-gtx465-full-gtx470-flashing-guide.html

Nah the 465's are crap even compared to the 460 :)

Thanks for trying to help though, I should be ordering the Gigabyte OC one from Pix tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ye i am feeling quite bad as the 5830 keep freezing at some point in my friend's desktop :( (i built the pc for him) i have a 500W OCZ psu for the build, do you think that could affect the freezing?

I have a 750W Corsair PSU and I still got the freezing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ye i am feeling quite bad as the 5830 keep freezing at some point in my friend's desktop :( (i built the pc for him) i have a 500W OCZ psu for the build, do you think that could affect the freezing?
    just get him a gtx480 free home heating lol

• Advertisement

Sounds more like a batch of dodgy cards to me. They had repeated issues with the PCB prior to release, I'm guessing that as the card is such a god-awful rush-job anyway they might not have bothered to fix all the issues before shipping :o:mad:

Well, I hope Seraphim gets it sorted some time, I'd recommend RMA'ing the card for a refund and getting your mate the GTX 460 like I am :)

Just ordered the GTX460 from Pix now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hey guys what this everyone is saying about the Palit gtx 460's being bad? im thinking of buying that 2 gig one seeing as its such a good deal and im just wondering is there something wrong with them?

Apparently there is no VRM cooler.

Don't know why that's a dealbreaker though, as the VRMs seem to do a good job without spontaneously combusting even when OCd...

so are they just as good as the other gtx 460's ? that 2 gig one seems like a hell of a deal to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Well, I hope Seraphim gets it sorted some time, I'd recommend RMA'ing the card for a refund and getting your mate the GTX 460 like I am :)

the bad thing is i dont think he is willing to stop playing his game while waiting for the RMA :( and i only have a 8800GS here (which i need it to run SC2 atm). gonna make a proper thread to seek you guys' help :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

• Advertisement

im going to go with the pailit platnium as i cant see whats so bad about it tbh it seems like one of the best out there

Advertisement