Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What'd be the best 460 I can get?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ordered the pix's Gigabyte 460 1gb! the 2gb palit is at a very tempting price but i really want a stable card without any risk. the heatsink thingy review kinda screwed it up abit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the gigabyte one is the one thats 200 right? thats a very tempting offer as well i might get that too as i figure it cant be that hard to manually OC the 460's anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

just after unboxing the GTX460 10 minutes ago, in the process of downloading latest drivers :)

Damn UPS shipping is very fast, I will certainly order fo Pixmania again in the future, unless the total cost for ordering something is cheaper from somewhere else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

just after unboxing the GTX460 10 minutes ago, in the process of downloading latest drivers :)

Damn UPS shipping is very fast, I will certainly order fo Pixmania again in the future, unless the total cost for ordering something is cheaper from somewhere else :)
    Give it an hour or two before you start o'c'ing. :P

I'm going to give it a few days :)

• Advertisement

Installed and drivers installed succesfully :)

i also used the UPS delivery:P wonder will it arrive later or tomorrow! (ordered it on sunday)

I ordered on Saturday, so likely it will.

venom, any chance that you find a nvdia sticker in Gigabyte box?:pac:

no sticker at all unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

no sticker = fail lol especially such a premium card!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Everyone knows that no-one wants a horrid garish nVidia sticker on their comps nowadays :p If they want to show it off that bad they probably already have a case window you can see the card through anyway! :pac:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Everyone knows that no-one wants a horrid garish nVidia sticker on their comps nowadays :p If they want to show it off that bad they probably already have a case window you can see the card through anyway! :pac:
    oh wait...lol :P

i, on the other hand, is loving my 5770 radeon sticker!

woot, got the 180e refund from pixmania :D

pixmania are really good tbh i ordered a whole pc of of them and got everything within 3 working days :D and its nice to hear they give their refunds out as well :) bought a gigabyte gtx 460 1 gig and its a really nice card i especially like the dual fan cooling but damn its big enough isnt it :D

ye the dual fans are fancy stuff! if you think gtx 460 is a big then wait till you see my refunded 5830 :D

14IMG_5883.JPG

(should have take a pic with gtx 460 for compare damn)

ya hopefully around xmas il be buying the new high end hd 6 series card (if its out) which will probably be twice the size of the 460 :D its amazing how big these cards have gotten so much for nano technology and the like haha

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Ha I just found this thread, I replaced my 5830 this week with a 460.. A Sapphire 5830 from Pixmania and a Gigabyte 460 from them too! I was having major stability issues whenever the clocks changed- even opening a youtube video (hardware accelerated flash) caused desktop freezes.

seraphimvc can I ask what you said to Pixmania to get a refund? I've had awful trouble in the past getting refunds out of them.

i was in the exact same situation like you lol pix really has a bad batch of 5830. the gigabyte 460 from them is working great.

I go to the After sales service and request a RMA for the card. Print out the postage label and a 1 page document and send the card (with everything from the original box) to some place in France.

I also have the Zen management thingy to everything i bought, it usually automatically added to everything you buy unless you uncheck it. Not sure if this Zen management thingy has any help but now my pix (piggy bank) account has 180e:D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i was in the exact same situation like you lol pix really has a bad batch of 5830. the gigabyte 460 from them is working great.

I go to the After sales service and request a RMA for the card. Print out the postage label and a 1 page document and send the card (with everything from the original box) to some place in France.

I also have the Zen management thingy to everything i bought, it usually automatically added to everything you buy unless you uncheck it. Not sure if this Zen management thingy has any help but now my pix (piggy bank) account has 180e:D

Yeah I'm much happier with my 460- good bit quieter too. Ha I did not take the Zen Engagement as I'd thought I'd never need it :o What reasons did you give for your RMA? Just not sure how much technical data to put in.

• Advertisement

i only use it caused' it was a big purchase, didnt use it for my later 5770 and gtx 460 purchase:D

i just said :The card is faulty and causing system unstable. good luck to you!

if you are going with a gtx 460 i would definitely recommend the 1 gig gigabyte gtx 460 its a great card for the price (200 euro on pixmania.ie) im able to play crysis at 1920x1080 max detail and 2xaa at very playable fps and i havnt even looked at overclocking it yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

if you are going with a gtx 460 i would definitely recommend the 1 gig gigabyte gtx 460 its a great card for the price (200 euro on pixmania.ie) im able to play crysis at 1920x1080 max detail and 2xaa at very playable fps and i havnt even looked at overclocking it yet :D

I call shenanigans :)

My asus GTX460 is oced and @ 1920x1080 ultra high + 2xaa the fps are not playable. If you drop the shader quality down to high tho they average around 35fps

well its playable for me but you can definitely see a bit of a drop with the aa on with no aa on i get very good fps (i havnt actually monitored them yet) at max settings, havnt tried v sync yet though i presume that will knock performance down a bit though all in all its a great little card for 200 euro

Advertisement