Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Compact Camera Advise Please?

• 25-08-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I have been given the task of picking up a compact camera in New York this weekend for my father in law (as if taking his daughter of him wasn't enough). He really doesn't want to spend more than 150 euro. He NEVER prints his photos, just looks at them on a computer and he would like a big lcd although I think any new camera lcd will be fine because he has a bit of a dinosaur.

I'd hate to get him something crap. I use a Canon 1000D myself and I'm wondering what ye wise people would buy in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I would say find a compact-ish point & shoot with a big screen. Sounds to me like he's not really going to care about anything else. If he never prints things.. 2MP is plenty. Get a 4, 8 or 16G memory card, and that'll probably do him for ages.
    I would stick with a brand-name you know.. and NOT buy it on the street or someplace that looks like a dive.. it might be a knockoff.
    BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I have been given the task of picking up a compact camera in New York this weekend for my father in law (as if taking his daughter of him wasn't enough). He really doesn't want to spend more than 150 euro. He NEVER prints his photos, just looks at them on a computer and he would like a big lcd although I think any new camera lcd will be fine because he has a bit of a dinosaur.

I'd hate to get him something crap. I use a Canon 1000D myself and I'm wondering what ye wise people would buy in this situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Heebie wrote: »
    I would say find a compact-ish point & shoot with a big screen. Sounds to me like he's not really going to care about anything else. If he never prints things.. 2MP is plenty. Get a 4, 8 or 16G memory card, and that'll probably do him for ages.
    I would stick with a brand-name you know.. and NOT buy it on the street or someplace that looks like a dive.. it might be a knockoff.

Well he wouldnt be a complete gadgetphope and I'd really like a decent pic on screen for him. His last camera would have cost 3-400 euro when digital cameras were probably expensive. He would also take alot of photos in places like the Lake District so I don't know why he doesnt print them.

Advertisement