Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week!

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

When is it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

fressers week is(from the 6 of september till the 17th ) the week after orintation week which is next week

hope this is of some use to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Do students normally stay for the entire orientation week or just go to the day of their course orientation???:confused:

you dont have to be in college any day but the day when your course orientation day but it's worth haning around limerick for the night life that week also it is handy to find out the layout of the college over the week by your self

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

mayo_lad wrote: »
    fressers week is(from the 6 of september till the 17th ) the week after orintation week which is next week

hope this is of some use to ya

That is some week, 11 days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Mossin wrote: »
    That is some week, 11 days! :D

The standard of graduates really is deteriorating! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im moving down sunday then I will go home affter orientation on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Are people staying in the accommodation the weekend before the first lectures ont he 6th??

Wonderin whether to stay around from the thursday orientation to the lectures starting and getting to know ppl or to go home for the weekend?
    Lookin to follow the crowd:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ddemo

When is people moving down?
    I was thinking Sunday evening?
    Yes/No ??? :D

there wont be that much of a crowd around on Sunday nite from Tuesday nite on should be good though

yeah was think that, might go down Monday evening, cause my orientation starts wednesday morning, want to have a good look around Tuesday

• Advertisement

Ddemo wrote: »
    When is people moving down?
    I was thinking Sunday evening?
    Yes/No ??? :D
    Im going down Sunday, haven't decided if i'll stay or not but I think I will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Heading down Monday evening myself. Should be a good week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Heading down Sunday and going to see what happens. I'd say i'll stay until Mon/Tues to get used to it and then come back to galway until Thursday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 manutd121

is there many people heading down and staying on campus by yerself and planing on meeting people or did ye all request to stay with yer friends?

manutd121 wrote: »
    is there many people heading down and staying on campus by yerself and planing on meeting people or did ye all request to stay with yer friends?
    Yes, me. I have friends already there but i'm basically by myself.

well i know a good few down there but im going by myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Calvin Harris is playing on the thursday of freshers week in trooms I think according to flyers i see up around town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Just wondering would not being 18 til the 10th Sept mean that I mightn't be able to go to some events?
    I know my friend couldn't go to most things at her freshers week because she was still 17!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    Just wondering would not being 18 til the 10th Sept mean that I mightn't be able to go to some events?
    I know my friend couldn't go to most things at her freshers week because she was still 17!:confused:

The rest of the year will make up for it one way or another, i'm sure there will be equally as decent stuff on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Sophsxxx wrote: »

Last year the lodge accepted student ID as proof of age for the first few weeks. Whether they'll do that this year i don't know as i know they got in quite a bit of trouble last year for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

haha go on the lodge .. legends .. im movin down sunday evenin to elm park, anyone else there???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pkeane

Moved my stuff down today.. still a bit to do before i head down for good..
    probably be down on wednesday and walk around campus then oreintation on thursday.. not bad..

ive enrolled online already.. can we go into the college earlier than oreintation adn finalize all that?

Do we not get our timetables until orientation? Theres a link on the UL website that says first year timetables but it goes nowhere.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Do we not get our timetables until orientation? Theres a link on the UL website that says first year timetables but it goes nowhere.

You wont be able to get your personal timetable until you get your ID number and even then it wont be for definite as a lot of tutorials get changed around. You cna check your course timetable if you wish but it'll have all the modules and tutorials available to the course on it so it's a bit pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

Headn down 2mrw to Thomand to put all my stuff in the room then im cumin home nd headn bck dwn tues... Orientation not till friday doe.
    So im stayn dwn to have a look around the campus and meet new ppl :)

HATE being 17 startn college... Not 18 till oct :( goin to have to house session or ditch drinkn for 1st month. sum buzz..:L
    killer is dat i dnt even look old...:(

still cant wait to start doe.. goin to be sum adventure :D

I really wouldn't worry too much about your age. I know people that only turned 18 in April/May and June and they still got in most places on a student ID.

Do you not have an ID that 'looks' like you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Lily92 wrote: »
    Headn down 2mrw to Thomand to put all my stuff in the room then im cumin home nd headn bck dwn tues... Orientation not till friday doe.
    So im stayn dwn to have a look around the campus and meet new ppl :)

HATE being 17 startn college... Not 18 till oct :( goin to have to house session or ditch drinkn for 1st month. sum buzz..:L
    killer is dat i dnt even look old...:(

still cant wait to start doe.. goin to be sum adventure :D

Ah some have it worse....im 17 till the end of Jan:rolleyes:
    Do ya not have a fake/lookalike ID from when ya were clubbin before this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Me and three others are heaidn up tomorrow,two too kilmury and the other two((including me)) to Plassy :D.

Is there somthiong on the 31st and 1st btw?

Seloth wrote: »
    Is there somthiong on the 31st and 1st btw?

A lot of drinking :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Dude thats oging to be everynight((Said the idealistic new student XD)).I have my grads/debs thingie the 31st so I'm heaidn home in the morning and then baCK

Advertisement