Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I wouldn't worry too much. Theres quite a lot of people in the same boat. Wednesday and Thursday are where they really pick up. That said, every night from Tomorrow onwards the Lodge will be jointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Im guessin the lodge is the local Pub?

The local nightclub. Its about a 5 minute walk from UL. Trust me you'll get to know it very well in due course. I hated it for the first month or so because it was packed and run down but you grow to love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

every student has a love hate relationship with the lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Seloth wrote: »
    Im guessin the lodge is the local Pub?

No my misinformed friend, the Lodge is the local SLODGE! You'll understand by the end of the week!

ENJOY! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The lodge will quickly become your favourite club in Ireland

The lodge will quickly become your favourite club in Ireland

Only a Sunday night when all the cheap women are about :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

No matter how short a distance it is I will be wandering back to plassy and will end up in a tree as I lost my keycard or key or whatver we get...actually one of those giant spike thingies..the UL daggers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

Ah some have it worse....im 17 till the end of Jan:rolleyes:
    Do ya not have a fake/lookalike ID from when ya were clubbin before this?

Yup i doo.. Cept she is goin to UCC :( Dnt think she will let me have her passport while im dwn in UL.
    Mite just try my luck or search the campus for sum1 dat looks like me :L
    We will see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Lily92 wrote: »
    Yup i doo.. Cept she is goin to UCC :( Dnt think she will let me have her passport while im dwn in UL.
    Mite just try my luck or search the campus for sum1 dat looks like me :L
    We will see ;)

dont worry all the lodge or mollys ask for is your student id for the su gig's you'll need another form of id tho . the stables only ask for your student id as long a you have the club sticker for it (you can get one in the su fairly handy like )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

.................. Wats su?? :confused:
    haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Calvin Harris is playing on the thursday of freshers week in trooms I think according to flyers i see up around town

It's only gonna be a DJ set, same as last time he was here, no ACTUALY performance. Therefore, €20=robbery
    mayo_lad wrote: »
    dont worry all the lodge or mollys ask for is your student id for the su gig's you'll need another form of id tho . the stables only ask for your student id as long a you have the club sticker for it (you can get one in the su fairly handy like )

Mollys aaaaaaaaaaaalways want a 2nd form of ID if you've a first year ID card. Trust me. Lodge started asking for age this year. Just get a sticker off someone who already has theirs and that'll do for the lodge.

@Lilly92

Students Union :)

And you have to be 18 to get the sticker from reception

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It's only gonna be a DJ set, same as last time he was here, no ACTUALY performance. Therefore, €20=robbery

Mollys aaaaaaaaaaaalways want a 2nd form of ID if you've a first year ID card. Trust me. Lodge started asking for age this year. Just get a sticker off someone who already has theirs and that'll do for the lodge.

@Lilly92

Students Union :)

And you have to be 18 to get the sticker from reception

there are ways of acquiring one if your under 18 all you need is a friend that's over 18 :)

to clarify what sarah said

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Seloth wrote: »
    ..actually one of those giant spike thingies..the UL daggers!

Also known as the erections when they went up a few years ago. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Baaalls...them robbing us poor students. Well I wont be going to that then at any rate

That particularly unpleasant doorman at mollys has often asked me for 4 forms of ID- I told him where to go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Baaalls...them robbing us poor students. Well I wont be going to that then at any rate

That particularly unpleasant doorman at mollys has often asked me for 4 forms of ID- I told him where to go with it

:O now I've never heard of them being THAT bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

The Calvin Harris tickets are 15euro and Trooms riiipp students off anyway particularly during Fresher´s Week.
    I got one because a/ It´s Calvin Harris. Performance or not, I want his babies b/ Obviously going to play some decent tunes, c/ Trooms would be charging a tenner regardless and at least, on the Thursday night of Fresher´s Week, I know I´m going to get in somewhere and not waste my time going to Molly´s, queuing for Angel Lane and ending up in Trooms anyway.

Just my ole logic on it :D
    Can´t freakin wait.
    Have been abroad since June 23rd so to come home on Saturday and then to UL on Sunday for a great epic week is getting me by!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

which clubs do students go to? is it the one ye have mentioned near the college or do they go into limerick itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Near the college there's the lodge. That's awesome and where you'll end up going more than 50% of the time.
    All the other clubs are in town then.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

mayo_lad wrote: »
    dont worry all the lodge or mollys ask for is your student id

but your student ID has your date of birth on it?:confused:

Anyone know how they react to cancelled passports? I've made thirty or forty in my time so i've kinda gotten the hang of faking passports at this stage:D

And i've an NUIG college card that looks like me.....except its nuig...will the likes of the lodge accecpt a college card from another college or do offers and the likes only apply to the UL students?

....god I hate learning each clubs different policies/offers all over again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

but your student ID has your date of birth on it?:confused:

Your UL ID doesnt have your date of birth on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Mossin wrote: »
    Your UL ID doesnt have your date of birth on it.

Weird:S Nuig and gmit both have them....not much point in an ID without an age? haha im not complainin....suits us u18's down to the ground:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

Being u18 is the worst haha.

So the student IDs dont have you're date of birth? So that and a convincing fake ID will get you into the lodge and Molly's?

What about the likes of Trooms and Angel Lane?

What about the likes of Trooms and Angel Lane?

Angel Lane is supposed to be 21's- though that doesnt explain how I've been in there many times over the summer...

You'll have little luck with trooms and a fake ID unfortunately.

You'll have little luck with trooms and a fake ID unfortunately.

Damn, they good at spotting them yeah? Friend of mine makes them and he gets into our local club all the time with his, but it isn't too hard to not get ID'd there.

So long as I can get into the lodge and Molly's I'll be happy.Only 3 months till I'm 18 anyway. (big night out anyone? :P )

Damn, they good at spotting them yeah? Friend of mine makes them and he gets into our local club all the time with his, but it isn't too hard to not get ID'd there.

So long as I can get into the lodge and Molly's I'll be happy.Only 3 months till I'm 18 anyway. (big night out anyone? :P )

Not much gets past them really- they put them under uv light sometimes and then its pretty obvious...

Mollys and happy dont go in the same sentence :p dive tbh :D

Not much gets past them really- they put them under uv light sometimes and then its pretty obvious...

Mollys and happy dont go in the same sentence :p dive tbh :D

Jaysus, thats a bit more thorough than I'm used to :P Ah well tho, no harm maybe giving it a go once!

Haha is it really? Still, if I can get in nowhere else ;)

Haha is it really? Still, if I can get in nowhere else ;)

By all means decide for yourself, but I'd hate to see what would happen if there was a fire in the place or something. Plus the stairs is feckin lethal...

By all means decide for yourself, but I'd hate to see what would happen if there was a fire in the place or something. Plus the stairs is feckin lethal...

Place sounds delightful ;)

Cheers for the heads up anyway, and all the other advice/info :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

What bus goes into the city and what times?

Advertisement