Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

308 & 308A will both leave you fairly close to William Street and you can get them from about halfway up William Street on the Debenhams side (sarsfield Street). You'll get them from either of the 2 bus stops on campus.

There's also a bus service 'University - City Centre' that'll only cost ya 1.20 and it'll leave ya on William Street too, but goes a bit more of a scenic route to get there.

Bus Eireann (the 308 and 308A) will cost ya 1.80 to town

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Bus Eireann is actually €1.60, a day saver is €3.20 (you'd want to make 3 trips min). There's also weekly and monthly which are handy if you live in other parts of limerick.

The 308 drops off at Centra on William St

The 308A usually drops off on Roches St. That said it sometimes stops at the Presentation/CBS on Sexton St or if the driver is in a good mood will bring you all the way around to William St.

The timetables for both are in the Student Handbook.

Weird:S Nuig and gmit both have them....not much point in an ID without an age? haha im not complainin....suits us u18's down to the ground:D

A student ID is not an official proof of age. The 3 forms of id are garda age card, passport or driving license. They whole "we need to see student id" is a grey area.
    which clubs do students go to? is it the one ye have mentioned near the college or do they go into limerick itself?

It varries on your tastes and the night of the week. The Lodge is gonna be busy most nights of the week. Give it a few weeks and they'll have specific nights for each year (ie 3rd years free in tonight). Mollies, Trooms and Icon are often just as busy. They play mainly chart or dance music.

If you're more into alternative music Costellos and Bakers/Wicked Chicken are worth visiting (mainly on a Thursday or Saturday)
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It's only gonna be a DJ set, same as last time he was here, no ACTUALY performance.

Calvin Harris is a DJ as well as a singer and a pretty creative one at that. His DJ set is actually pretty savage and worth going to if you don't mind being in trooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

bazkennedy wrote: »

If you're more into alternative music Costellos and Bakers/Wicked Chicken are worth visiting (mainly on a Thursday or Saturday)

Ahh, I'd love that! How to get there? Or is there anyone to take me :>?

They'd be up on dominic street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is everyone going to Freshers Fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bazkennedy wrote: »

I live in that place practically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OfftheWagon

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Is everyone going to Freshers Fest?

Yeah wtf a thread about freshers week and this is the first mention of fresher fest!?
    This will be my 4th year in UL and the line up for Fresher Fest is the best iv ever seen. In the past all we got was the blizzards and saw doctors, which in fairness are ok acts but after seeing them for the 3rd and 4th time it gets a bit old.
    For those of you freshers who may not be in touch with the music scene, Newton Faulkner is an acclaimed musical genius playing Oxegen in 2008 and again this year where he sounded sensational...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40ivRiHeDE

Ocean Colour Scene aka OCS, possibly the most under rated band of all time! They've been around for a long time , guaranteed you'll know most of there songs... there that kind of band
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWBJbLkWk0w

Tiffina Page, dont know much about this one... only shes hot and got a great sound. Just checked out her myspace...
    http://www.myspace.com/tiffanypage

All for 18 quid... not bad when you compare it to Calvin Harris DJ Set in Trooms where you'll probably get bottled by a heroin addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

so when is the actual starting date of freshers week? is it the 5th?? or the following week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

biggaman wrote: »
    so when is the actual starting date of freshers week? is it the 5th?? or the following week? :)

Tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

What advice do ye have for the innocent little 17 year olds among this years first years. I'm not 18 for another 3 months or so and that's a long time to be doing nothing. :( The obvious answer is house parties but for now I don't know all that many people staying down there, especially up in Cappa where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

yannfann wrote: »
    What advice do ye have for the innocent little 17 year olds among this years first years. I'm not 18 for another 3 months or so and that's a long time to be doing nothing. :( The obvious answer is house parties but for now I don't know all that many people staying down there, especially up in Cappa where I am!

^^ This. I'm also not 18 for another 3 months! :(

inb4 'Study' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

Angel lane usually only look for student i.d alot of the time and I was 17 until the end of april on my first year and didnt get refused anyplace in town... if u get to the clubs earlyish and talk to the bouncers a bit you will more than likely get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Does anyone know what's happening this week in terms of events on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Getting turned away is a bit of a rarity. Anyway, waiting three months won't kill you. ;)

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Getting turned away is a bit of a rarity. Anyway, waiting three months won't kill you. ;)

As rare and all as it might be nothing gets on my nerves more than being turned away by a bouncer! I have my student ID so I might try that some night but I suppose for now I'll just keep up with the house parties! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

And if you're of the female variety you'll probably have more luck getting in.

Ah sure it's a totally different story for girls altogether..... Us lads have it the worst :p If a bouncer just doesn't like the look of ya, no ammount of anythin will get ya in :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

could be worse, you could be 18 in june (like me!) :P

I went to the lodge the other night and all the bouncer looked for was my UL I.D, he didn't even look for the sticker at the back or anything! :D

but we went early and it was the first night back so next time might be a different story. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ah sure it's a totally different story for girls altogether..... Us lads have it the worst :p If a bouncer just doesn't like the look of ya, no ammount of anythin will get ya in :L

Depends on the bouncer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

http://www.facebook.com/ULSUEnts

^^ All info on freshers week can be found here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

What's the story with the stickers? Where can we get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

mtb_kng wrote: »
    What's the story with the stickers? Where can we get them?

Students Union

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

OMG. So jealous, Five AND S-Club!! That's going to be some night for ye...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Thats college life for you!
    That night will bring a nostalgic tear to my eye,
    I know I'll be bringing my lyrics sheets :D

Defo check out the silent disco though,
    Supposed to be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is freshers week in week 2 now? Since when is this the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ULSU Ents

Hi guys! there's loads of questions here but everything can be seen

Here;

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1243535331#!/ulstudentsunion
    and
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1243535331#!/ULSUEnts

or join the event:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1243535331#!/event.php?eid=113050232133955

As a side note to answer the question above the eason why we changed it to week 2 was based on reccomendation from previous officers and it was essential for us not to overshadow the launch and First 7 Weeks Programme and to facilitate ticket sales. Hope to see you all there. If you wanna have a read of my Blog theres some more info there including the Promo video
    http://csoulsu.blogspot.com/
    Is mise le meas,

Paddy

Paddy Rockett
    Campaigns and Services Officer
    Oifigeach Feachtais agus Seirbhísí

University of Limerick Students' Union
    061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie
    www.facebook.com/ulstudentsunion